LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The Worldwide Tax Reporting group at LyondellBasell is a collection of over 60 dynamic individuals located in multiple countries that work diligently to comply with our Company's regulatory requirements and enhance shareholder value. We consist of U.S. federal and state tax compliance, host country tax compliance in several jurisdictions, and U.S. and non-U.S. tax accounting for U.S. GAAP and IFRS tax reporting processes. We are also heavily focused on enhancements through tax technology and have a group of tax technology professionals.
We are looking for a Senior Tax Analyst for our U.S. Tax Compliance group. In this role you will be responsible for assisting in the preparation of the consolidated US Federal income tax return in addition to assisting with the annual and quarterly tax accounting processes.
You must be ethically minded at all times with a desire to serve others in a safe and professional manner. The culture we have developed in the LyondellBasell Tax Department is one of trust, respect, continuous learning, with a commitment to process improvement; all working toward a personal and professional balance. In the future you may (if you so choose) have the opportunity to move into other tax department functions or other groups in the Company. You will also be afforded many different opportunities for continuous growth and professional development.
If you think you might be interested in working for an organization that cares about its employees, then take a closer look at us.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Senior Tax Analyst / Tax Analyst will:
* Assist with preparation and review of consolidated US Federal income tax return
* Prepare and review US Federal quarterly estimated tax payments
* Research and monitor issues and changes in federal income tax laws
* Assist with the preparation and/or review of the quarterly and annual US tax provision calculation
* Assist with the preparation and analysis of the forecasted effective tax rate and cash taxes
* Assist in preparation of quarterly and annual financial reporting disclosures for income taxes
* Analyze federal income tax laws and their proper application so that the provision for income taxes is properly and timely produced
* Prepare analysis of changes in the Company's income tax-related balance sheet accounts
* Prepare and/or review deferred tax balances on an annual basis
* Perform tax research for tax compliance related matters
* Prepare tax account reconciliations
* Assist with quarterly and annual income tax related Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, including preparation of documentation and performing annual walkthroughs for testing by external auditors
* Assist with tax audits (federal and state) including preparing and defending information-request responses and Company-proposed audit adjustments
* Proactively identify tax and accounting issues with suggestions for possible solutions for improvement
* Participate in special projects and process improvement initiatives with Tax Compliance peers, managers and Tax Counsel as necessary
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
* 4+ years' experience in a large corporate tax environment or Big 4 accounting firm.
* CPA or advanced degree a plus.
* General knowledge of federal income tax principles and standard corporate book/tax differences.
* Basic understanding of tax accounting concepts.
* Ability to perform technical tax research and write technical tax memorandums.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to be a positive, supportive and interactive team member.
* Work well with minimal supervision.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
* Highly self-motivated; a high degree of initiative; the ability to identify and address issues; work efficiently with attention to detail.
* Demonstrated project management skills and a capability of identifying/capturing process improvement opportunities.
* Experience with OneSource Income Tax Software/GoSystems and OneSource Tax Provision preferred.
* Strong Excel skills are preferred.
* SAP experience a plus.
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston