** THIS IS AN ONSITE POSITION***
This position plays a key role in our Information Technology department to keep our organization securely connected to the many technologies that support our operations worldwide. The Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for the security, maintenance, and management of a variety of cloud-based and on-premise computing solutions to include Microsoft 365, Exchange, VMWare, Veeam, Citrix, and Azure technologies. This position requires someone who thrives in a team and can quickly learn how to integrate technologies.
- Install, configure, secure, monitor, backup, and maintain physical and virtual servers to include internal, external, cloud and shared assets.
- Experience implementing full stack solutions that include servers, storage, virtualization platforms, and networking devices with a solid understanding of high availability and disaster recovery.
- Configure, monitor, and maintain security of servers, applications, and programs.
- Support configuration and management of VMWare and Azure cloud computing solutions.
- Monitor, manage, and support off the shelf software, applications, and programs.
- Analyze, plan, coordinate, and implement system design changes and enhancements to improve and/or expand technical services.
- Coordinate and develop project plans to effectively access cloud services to include Software as a Service, Infrastructure as a Service, public cloud services, private cloud services, and associated disaster or data recovery requirements.
- Monitor performance of data center assets and perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose issues, identify solutions, and implement permanent fixes.
- Organize, plan, and take lead responsibility to improve and maintain the servers and associated hardware all office locations both on-site/hosted environments.
- Prepare and plan for lifecycle replacement of servers and associated enterprise applications.
- Manage, update, and maintain enterprise configuration management policies to include but not limited to directory services, printing services, enterprise storage, group policy, server/application backup and recovery, remote access, and virtual server environments.
- Participate in discussions, prepare plans, and coordinate implementation of changes to address findings or recommended enhancements.
- Experience Requirement: Overall minimum 10-12 years’ experience in a Windows Systems Engineer or Administrator role with in-depth experience in the following technology areas;
- VMWare Virtualization, vMotion, split/stretched cluster VM migrations
- MS Server 2016-2019 Active directory support and administration
- Power Shell, ability to author new scripts without using a template
- Design, build, and support systems in MS Azure
- Veeam administration and optimization
- System Center Configuration Manager
- MS SQL database maintenance
- Demonstrated performance in advanced troubleshooting of server/client issues
- Minimum Education: Associate Degree in an information technology or related field, or demonstrated comparable experience, Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree in an information technology-related field
- Preferred Certifications: Current and valid MCSE Core Infrastructure, MCSE Azure Administrator
- Experience working with Hyper Converged Infrastructure technology platforms (Dell VXRail)
- Strong organizational and planning skills, and ability to juggle multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Works well both alone or in a team setting
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills