TheSr. Civil/Structural Designer utilizes 3D modeling, and drafting software inthe production ofcomplex concrete and steel design deliverables pertaining to the initialplanning and design phases of heavy industrial/ oil & gas type facilities.Assumes responsibility of schedule andquantities. Maintains and promotes a focus on McDermotts end-product whetherengineering, fabrication or construction.
Appliesadvanced drafting principles with minimal supervision through the collectionand analysis of data obtained from project information and initiates creativityto develop innovative solutions and designs.
Utilizes3D design systems in the production of complex design deliverable drawings.
Modelingof complex concrete and steel structures.
Ableto prepare and pre-check various plans sections & details drawings.
Assists the Lead Designer in compiling,tracking & trending of material quantities. Performs a variety ofdrafting/design computations.
Supportsthe development of junior designers. Ensures effective communication amongother engineering disciplines.
- High School diploma- Associate Degree preferred
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of design concepts & systems
- Experience using Intergraph S3D and SmartSketch.
- A minimum of 5 years work experience in design, modeling & drafting
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Heavy Industrial/ Oil & Gas type facilities
- Proficient in Ability to learn and maintain design within our company methods and procedures
- Strong communication skill and professional ethics
- Ability to work independently organize and prioritize work assignments and deal with conflicting priorities
McDermott is a premier,fully-integrated provider of technology, engineering and construction solutionsto the energy industry. For more than a century, customers have trustedMcDermott to design and build end-to-end infrastructure and technology solutionsfromthe wellhead to the storage tankto transport and transform oil and gas intothe products the world needs today.