Led by a Research and Development Team comprising of expert engineers and internationally-recognized surgeons, ColubrisMX, Inc. is a medical device company that designs and develops the next generation of microsurgical robotic devices. These state-of-the-art, minimally invasive, microsurgical robots will perform procedures in delicate regions of the body that cannot be accessed by current technology.
At ColubrisMX, Inc., we are dedicated to creating the best microsurgical robotic devices that hold unparalleled promise for providing cost effective, novel treatment for those in need.
The Senior Software Engineer will research, design, develop, evaluate designs and products, and lead troubleshooting and debugging efforts. They are responsible for working closely with key departments such as hardwiring and systems engineering to develop and improve class b and c product software for use in a state-of-the-art, class II, medical device.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Responsible for research, design, development, and testing of modules that will be part of surgical robotic systems.
- Design and develop product software to integrate with mechanical, electrical, and distributed computing systems.
- Work as part of the Software Team to bring software through prototyping and into serial production.
- Writing tests for product software verification in an integrated environment.
- Convert software requirements into tested software code.
- Collaborate with control engineers and the Electronics Team to refine functions.
- Participate in design discussions and code reviews.
- Document designs and specifications per design control processes.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent field.
- 5+ years of industrial experience.
- High proficiency in C++ language programming (key: C++ 98, 03, preferred: C++11 or later), software engineering and debugging skills.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with OS kernel level software product development.
- Experience writing multi-process and multi-threaded software for Real-Time, Embedded Operating Systems (e.g., QNX).
- Knowledge of industrial standard methodologies: MISRA 2008 or later.
- Knowledge of software architecture design (e.g., state machine) and Object-Oriented Design.
- Experience writing automated tests with test automation tools/frameworks (e.g., G-Test, C++depend, Parasoft).
- Outstanding documentation and technical writing skills (e.g., Doxygen).
- Experience using Git version controls.
- Ability to work closely with product and project managers to build the product roadmap.
- Expertise in technical delivery, including requirement analysis, development, validation, quality assurance, and post-market support.
- Technical acumen to gauge the estimation effort for a particular feature in a product.
- Working knowledge of medical device software development lifecycle for FDA regulated products.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with the development and commercialization of a medical device software strongly preferred.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A mission-driven environment leading the way in surgical devices.
- A strong company culture that is enforced through the hiring process ensures value alignment and a highly collaborative team.
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes top-level medical, dental and vision plans, with generous employer contributions.
- Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance.
- A 401k plan.
- A generous PTO Policy to ensure you have a healthy work-life balance.
- The opportunity to work with best-in-class, business-minded colleagues that are as passionate as you are!
ColubrisMX, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing employees with a safe and welcoming work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We strive to create a diverse & inclusive environment where all team members can thrive, belong, and make a difference together. We do not discriminate based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by law.