This position is with Max Digital Services (MDS) team. MDS is developing the Industrial IoT platform for all NOV Business Segments.
This role is a hands-on Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing IoT applications platform and solutions. The ideal candidate would be self-starting, energetic individual, not afraid to question assumptions and be imaginative.
As a Senior Microservices Developer you will participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle which includes technical design, implementation, documentation, testing, deployment and support.
- Participate in technical planning & requirements gathering phases including design, code, test, troubleshoot, and document engineering software applications.
- Ensure that technical software development process is followed on the project, familiar with industry best practices for software development.
- Understand the requirement, decompose a high-level development epic into small development activities and work with team members of various experience levels.
- Make recommendations for new technology, based on emerging industry trends.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent required
- 6+ years of experience in the software industry, which at least 5 years are in IoT platform and application development
- Possess strong experience in design and development of full stack web applications with emphasis on Micro-Services architecture.
- Strong experience in GoLang, C/C++, Kubernetes, Containers, RESTful services
- Database experience must be familiar with RDBMS and NoSQL databases
- Hands-on in design and code reviews
- Experience working with cloud based, distributed architectures, AWS is a plus
NOV is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation
Every day, the oil and gas industry’s best minds put more than 150 years of experience to work to help our customers achieve lasting success.
We Power the Industry that Powers the World
Throughout every region in the world and across every area of drilling and production, our family of companies has provided the technical expertise, advanced equipment, and operational support necessary for success—now and in the future.
We are a global family of thousands of individuals, working as one team to create a lasting impact for ourselves, our customers, and the communities where we live and work.
Through purposeful business innovation, product creation, and service delivery, we are driven to power the industry that powers the world better.
Service Above All
This drives us to anticipate our customers’ needs and work with them to deliver the finest products and services on time and on budget.
About the Team
Our family of companies is supported by our global Corporate teams, providing expert knowledge from functions including Human Resources, Information Technology, Compliance, Finance, QHSE, Marketing and Legal centers of expertise. We are structured to provide guidance and service above all to all our business operations.