Senior Software Developer – Join a High Impact Development Group
We are seeking a Senior Software Developer for our Houston, TX offices to help design and implement critical solutions for our Terminal Operations Group. Our software is used around the world, from the busiest terminals to the most remote locations, and your contributions will have a meaningful impact on ensuring the world’s global energy needs are met. This position offers the opportunity for you to analyze, design, and implement a wide variety of software solutions that plays a critical role in terminal control and operational systems.
About This Job
We are looking for an enthusiastic and energetic developer who enjoys solving challenging engineering problems while working as part of a tight-knit team. The ideal candidate should have excellent technical skills, experience with the Agile process, have good written and verbal communication skills, and be willing to learn new technologies.
In This Position You Will:
- Design and develop software control applications using a variety of technologies.
- Work with a team to discover innovative solutions to meet the needs of our energy partners.
- Use the Agile methodology to deliver reliable, high impact solutions against realistic deadlines
- Learn and understand the Oil and Gas Terminal industry
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 5-7 years of relevant experience or Master of Science in Computer Science or Engineering with 3 years of relevant experience.
- Strong technical skills using C# and Microsoft SQL Server (T-SQL).
- GUI Design and Web Development Experience is a plus.
- Practical software engineering knowledge, such as understanding OOP principles, when to use design patterns and being part of the Agile development process.
Nice to Have
- Experience working in the Oil and Gas industry, particularly in terminal automation and operations
- Experience using standard communication protocols, such as using Modbus, TCP/IP and Serial communication.
- Experience with Business Intelligence and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports or Microsoft SSRS.