We are actively seeking qualified candidates to help develop and architect custom engineering software and workflow automation applications serving the Oil and Gas industry
Required Qualifications - To be considered for the role of a Senior Software Developer applicant must have:
- A Bachelor's or Masters' degree in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent technical discipline with an engineering background
- Broad experience with designing and developing applications using the Microsoft .NET development platform
- Excellent understanding of Object Oriented Programming and design patterns
- Experience with design and development of User Interfaces (UI)
- Ability to work independently and collaborate across functional groups as required
- Knowledge of distributed applications frameworks such as DCOM, .NET Remoting, IIS, Web API (REST), and WCF
- Basic knowledge of network configuration including routing, DNS, and firewalls
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively across multiple disciplines
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and debugging skills
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally up to 20% of the time
- Strong engineering knowledge and background with an emphasis on Oil and Gas concepts.
- More than 10 years of the software development experience.
Preferred Qualifications - In addition to the required qualifications the following qualifications would be considered a strength:
- 10+ years programming experience in C#
- 10+ years programming experience in WPF
- Experience in .NET Core
- Experience in modelling or simulation software
- Experience with container technology such as Docker
- Strong User Interface design and development skills
- Knowledge of software security best practices
- Knowledge of MS SQL Server or equivalent database technology
- Knowledge of control and automation engineering
- Knowledge of OPC and instrumentation
- Experience using software deployment technologies such as Azure DevOps, Click Once, InstallShield
- Project management experience
- Understanding of Oil and Gas Industry
- Experience with most of the following technologies: .NET Framework 2.0, 3.5, 4.0 or 4.5, Web API, WCF, Web Services, SQL 2008, Ado/Ado.NET, TSQL, WPF/XAML, IIS 6.0 / 7.0
- Experience of working with Unity to convert 3D models to VR/AR
Your success starts with the right career opportunity. Aerotek uses a people-focused approach to connect job seekers to incredible opportunities with leading organizations. Established in 1983, we've grown to become a consistent Best of Staffing® winner for talent satisfaction because of our dedication to exceptional service. Serving over 300,000 contract workers every year, we specialize in placing workers with engineering, scientific, professional and industrial skill sets. Aerotek is proud to offer competitive benefits, including contributory medical, dental and vision insurance, weekly pay, discounts on consumer goods and services and more.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.