Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Senior Proposal Manager (PM) is responsible for proposal management and strategic writing for Request for Information (RFI), Request for Proposals (RFP) and customized support for State and Federal governments. Also responsible for ensuring compliance, and delivery of all proposal deliverables to the external client, the PM maintains insight into all phases of the Optum Proposal Team process. In this role the PM is focused on bringing together all stakeholders associated with the pursuit in order to submit a winning proposal package. The PM owns the proposal process, and works closely with Capture Managers, Sales Leaders, Product Subject Matter Experts, Writers, and/or Strategists. The abilities to manage and communicate at all levels, meet tight deadlines, commitment to teamwork, detailed follow-through, and a positive demeanor are essential keys to success in this role.
In this role, the PM will develop strategic messaging regarding the strategic differentiators, customer based value of our products and integrated solutions. This role is also responsible for ensuring our RFP responses are timely, strategic, of high quality and meet the need of our current and future customers. Lastly, this position will also be responsible for working with the OPT content managers, product SMEs, graphics team and quality team to develop standard proactive proposals for sales organization and providing customized proactive proposal support.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage all aspects of the proposal process including schedule, outsourcing, meetings, draft reviews, quality, graphics, and production
- Develop strategic messaging content for proposals and executive summaries.
- Assist in developing and maintaining proposal library
- Communicate and maintain relationships with internal clients, upper management, and support staff to ensure that the proposal process runs at high efficiency
- Ability to thrive in a complex and fast-paced corporate environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal guidance and proactively seek guidance on very complex tasks
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or HS Diploma/GED with at least 10 years of proposal management experience
- 8+ years proposal management experience, preferably in State and Federal organizations
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated ability to define, schedule, and manage the proposal preparation process, including the ability to understand and analyze the details of an RFP
- Occasional business travel
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Shipley Associates process certification or APMP accreditation
- Understanding of Shipley process
- 10+ years of experience managing large, complex health care proposals
- Formatting experience within desktop publishing
- Problem resolution, analytical, research and negation skills
- Excellent interpersonal as well as written and verbal communication skills, including a high degree of comfort leading and speaking in large meetings with high-level personnel
- Exceptional facilitation and organizational skills
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects with competing demands
- Ability to meet deadlines, a commitment to teamwork, and detailed follow-through
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Proposal Manager Government Proposal Team, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote