An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Senior project engineer based in our Pearland, TX office. The ideal candidate will be involved with the delivery of a range of projects within Mott MacDonald's energy sector. You will be also expected to provide technical support to existing team members and you will contribute to a variety of small to large projects in North America.
As a mechanical engineer working as an integral part of the oil and gas team, you will be responsible for:
- Site and grading plans (from concept to detail);
- Access road and parking area plans;
- Storm water design and conveyance plans, including permit preparation and submittals;
- Design to current codes and standards;
- Coordinate engineering/design execution, planning, and interface and ensure that activities are completed on schedule and within budget;
- Leads a team of engineers and designers as the Engineer of Record and works with Project Managers and other discipline leads on pipeline projects;
- Coordinate with project engineers and other discipline engineers and ensure consistency in execution of project management activities;
- Calculates design data; prepares layouts, detailed specifications, estimates and procedures.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within the oil and gas market along with having the following candidate specifications (preferred candidates will possess the following):
- Bachelors degree or higher in Civil Engineering;
- 10-15 years' detailed general civil engineering design experience with includes experience in one or more of the following project types: site development, roadways, drainage plans and studies, flood abatement and studies, containment storage, storage basins, natural gas pipeline, facilities, or utilities;
- Registered PE;
- Field experience is a plus;
- Experience with reading and interpreting geotechnical reports;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD (Civil 3D);
- Working knowledge of storm water software;
- Strong technical, communication, and design skills;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate and work with multi-disciplinary teams; and deal with complex issues and maintain effective working relationships;
- Salary will be based on years of experience.
Here at Mott MacDonald, we are experts in engineering, management, and development services supporting multisector project work in over 150 countries. One of the largest employee-owned companies in the world, we pride ourselves in our ability to deliver exceptional outcomes through the connected thinking of our 16,000+ talented consultants. Sustainability and innovation are at the heart of all of our sectors which, in North America include Advisory, Built Environment, Energy, Transportation, and Water.
We put equality, diversity and inclusion at the heart of our organization, seeking to promote fair employment procedures and practices to ensure equal opportunities for all. We value the diversity of our staff and are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where everyone has the chance to contribute.
Equal employment opportunity is the law. English version, Spanish version, Chinese version.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status or disability status.