LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
LyondellBasell's Global IT department is looking for an experienced Senior Product Team Functional Analyst with broad experience in designing, implementing and supporting end-to-end Finance Consolidation and Forecasting solutions in a global, highly complex system landscape. The Finance and Accounting Product Team, part of LyondellBasell's Global IT department, is responsible for providing best in class IT solutions to the Finance and Accounting departments. This Product Team manages the planning, successful delivery and ongoing support of all Finance solutions (SAP and non-SAP), collaborating with various IT and business stakeholders. The Senior Product Team Functional Analyst is a key position in the discovery and delivery of business solutions and is capable of envisioning potential value for new IT solutions.
The Senior Product Team Functional Analyst must ensure the full systems lifecycle process is adhered to, overseeing solutions through the entire implementation process.
Roles & Responsibilities
This position is responsible for developing and maintaining a trusted business relationship driving the greatest possible business value from IT investments. The main focus of this position is to be the Functional Support Lead for non-SAP applications within the Finance and Accounting portfolio. The Finance and Accounting team is a global product team which means for many projects, this individual will need to be available during extended hours to interact with the Finance team. This requires being available early mornings to support the European team and late evenings to support Asia and Australia.
- This hands-on role expects the candidate to apply functional and technical knowledge of Finance tools, systems and processes (consolidation systems, BPC, BW, etc.).
- Drives implementation of cross-functional initiatives required for regulatory compliance.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders. Uses deep business knowledge to drive engagement on major IT initiatives. Influences overall IT and business planning; engages in strategic business planning where there is IT impact.
- Gather business requirements, lead analysis and drive high level end-to-end design. Must understand the business process across the Finance organization (end-to-end).
- Drive configuration and development activities to meet business requirements through a combination of internal and external teams.
- Manages external software vendors and System Integrators on project implementation, ensuring adherence to established delivery timelines and lifecycles.
- Develops request for proposals (RFPs) for external consultants, reviews and develops project proposals and statements of work, and other engagement activities with IT service providers.
- Drives strategic and creative problem solving. Demonstrates broad project leadership, impacting significant technical direction; exerts influence outside of immediate team and drives change. Applies in-depth or broad technical knowledge to various technology areas or functions. Performs solution design.
- Provides leadership to teams and integrates technical expertise and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and customers. Consults with team members and other organizations, customer and vendors on complex issues. Mentors others in the team on process/technical issues.
- Uses formal system implementation methodologies during project preparation, requirements gathering, design, build/test and deployment.
- Experience defining systems strategy, developing systems requirements, designing and prototyping, testing, training, defining support procedures and implementing practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Strong background and expertise in leading projects with emphasis on Finance Data and Financial Reporting.
- Would be the Functional Technology Support of OneStream software; responsible OneStream Functional Lead for all OneStream Implementations, additional projects and future enhancements.
- IT Representative on the OneStream COE; maintains strong relationship and regular contact and communication with OneStream COE; for any projects or enhancements not requiring IT support, would still be integral part of the OneStream COE project team for these efforts.
- Liaison and lead heavily interacting with IT Data & Analytics team for all Finance and Accounting projects.
- Defect Management Lead and Tier 3 for Operational Support for BPC and BW team. Tier 1 support is transitioning to the BPC COE team within Finance. This role will lead that transition and develop the support model.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering / IT / Finance or related disciple with over 10 years of experience implementing Finance and Accounting solutions in a technology functional role.
- Strong background in Accounting and Finance required.
- Expertise and knowledge of OneStream is required.
- Good understanding of integration in SAP with BW and BPC
- Experience with consolidation and planning solutions such as SAP BPC, Hyperion, preferred; knowledge of OneStream is required
- Should have good understanding of integration technologies such as IDOCs/ ALE/ EDI , XML, web services. Experience in integrating SAP and BW with 3rd party applications and cloud application is preferred.
- Expertise and configuration knowledge in the following modules of SAP: General Ledger, Cost Center Accounting, Profit Center Accounting and Profitability Analysis.
- Strong experience in Finance projects with large global enterprises, spanning blueprinting, implementation and support of one or more core Finance modules including Enterprise Structure, Finance ( GL, AA), Controlling (PCA, CCA, CO-PA), etc.
- Minimum 3-5 full life cycle global implementations (Prior experience defining/implementing worldwide solutions across multiple legal entities in a highly complex systems and project environment) including hands-on design and configuration.
- Good understanding and experience of modern software development methodologies such as Agile, Waterfall etc.
- Demonstrated skills in working with teams, project management and improvement projects. Able to adapt and work with people with different styles and personalities.
- Strong business process knowledge and ability to map business requirements to standard System processes with minimal or no customization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills of complex and technical concepts. Demonstrates strong command of the English language. Possess solid communication skills to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Interface within IT to communicate support needed and resolve issues quickly.
- Must be able to complete assignments in fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated; takes initiative; identifies and addresses issues; works efficiently with attention to detail.
- Familiar with various technologies and curiosity in learning new systems. Must have aptitude and interest to learn other non-SAP technologies being introduced.
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills, Excellent consulting skills, Demonstrated leader, Self-confident
- High internal drive/self-initiative; Ability to work with ambiguous and incomplete information; Resourceful
- Completed full OneStream Implementation of Budgeting, Forecasting and Planning.
- CPA, Six Sigma or relevant IT certification highly preferred.
- Candidates with experience implementing regulatory compliance solutions strongly preferred.
- Advanced understanding of software test methodologies, and experience with testing automation tools is a plus
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston