Experian is the world’s leading global information services company, unlocking the power of data to create more opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. We are thrilled to share that FORTUNE has named Experian one of the 100 Best Companies to work for. In addition, for the last five years we’ve been named in the 100 “World’s Most Innovative Companies” by Forbes Magazine.
At Experian, UX and Product Design is a group of talented multidisciplinary experts that craft innovative and pleasing user centered products. As a Senior Product Designer you will be a vital leader within the UX and Product Design Team responsible for the creation and optimization of Experian’s partner-facing portal, as well as our white labeled financial wellness and Identity protection products. You will work closely with other team members including Product Directors and Managers, and Developers to create, implement, and test best-in-class product experiences for our portfolio of responsive websites and native applications.
This position will be supporting Experian Partner Solutions (EPS) - a passionate and innovative team on a mission to bring Financial Power to All™. Our portfolio includes consumer-facing (B2B2C) and partner-facing (B2B) products.
As a Sr. Product Designer you will be a foundational member of the Product Team responsible for creation and optimization of Experian’s partner-facing experiences. You will work closely with other team members including Product Directors and Managers, Marketers, and Developers to aid in the definition of strategy, operations, and communications to guide the team to build best-in-class product experiences. The ideal candidate should not only be a subject matter expert, but also an industry thought leader with a strong and well-articulated product design perspective.
- Support Product Design leadership in driving the vision and strategy for the organization in order to deliver a world-class customer user experience, while helping to drive performance that includes continual improvement in business and customer experience metrics
- Guide successfully against large-scale and complex and/or ambiguous design projects, establish and update UX design processes and mentor junior designers; give and solicit feedback from designers and a broader product team in order to continually raise our bar for quality Design within a complex application ecosystem to ensure a consistent, compelling and engaging customer experience across Experian’s B2B products
- Collaborate with Product, Engineering, and other business stakeholders on product requirements
- Create design deliverables and specifications in the form of user journeys, storyboards, interaction models, process flows, information architecture, wireframes, and prototypes based on iterative UX research and usability testing
- Create solutions designed to scale and grow over time, as product functionality and content matures and as user requirements evolve
- Partner with UXR to guide concept testing and usability testing efforts through prototyping to ensure that all projects are driven by user needs and business outcomes. Understand qualitative and quantitative research data, business goals and requirements, and translate them into functional designs
- Exceptional portfolio demonstrating a track record of successful design contributions
- BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), User Experience, Human Factors, Visual Design, Cognitive Psychology or related degree, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience in product design
- Experience working in a product organization, driving products from conception and ideation through launch and beyond over multiple releases (doing so in a B2B2C model is a plus)
- Experience mentoring junior designers
- Strong cross-discipline team player who can influence and work collaboratively with all team members to implement best practices and build best-in-class user experiences
- Expert in Agile product development process (Scrum & Kanban)
- Expert with project management software (Jira, Wrike, Asana etc.)
- Expert with prototyping in Figma as well as modern software development processes and concepts as they relate to user experience
- CRM and CMS experience a plus (Salesforce, Optimizely, etc.)
- Knowledge of native mobile app development standards across iOS and Android
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Experian is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Our goal is to create a thriving, inclusive and diverse team where people love their work and love working together. We believe that diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to our purpose of creating a better tomorrow. We value the uniqueness of every individual and want you to bring your whole, authentic self to work. For us, this is The Power of YOU and and it reflects what we believe. See our DEI work in action!
If you live in Colorado, Connecticut or New York City, please contact us here for the salary range of this position (include this Job Title in your email). In addition to a competitive base salary and variable pay opportunity, Experian offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, life and disability insurance, generous paid time off including parental and family care leave, an employee stock purchase plan and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Experian Careers - Creating a better tomorrow together
Find out what its like to work for Experian by clicking here