Position Description Summary:
Accumulate, analyze and report on a variety of financial, operational, and/or technical data used in the decision-making process to arrive at profitable pricing strategies. Develop, interpret, and implement the technical concepts for complex pricing adjustments. Perform technical analysis to determine impact on company performance from their specific functional area of expertise. Provide technical expertise and recommendations on company projects. Take on leadership and training roles within the department. Identify and implement projects that improve and/or automate current processes. Leads, or manages the development of specific marketing plans and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product pricing within the competitive transportation arena. Monitors competitive activity, and identifies customer needs. Establishes dynamic pricing strategies and solutions. Principal Accountabilities (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Lead, develop and train International and Domestic Pricing Analysts
- Ability to effectively communicate and present pricing and costing solutions to Executive Management
- Create, communicate and implement profitable pricing solutions
- Complete understanding of all pricing models and principles used to arrive at collective pricing decisions and business propositions
- Solid understanding of general costing principles and the cost models used to design competitive pricing models
- Utilize complex financial tools required to better assess customer profitability and decision-making
- Design and develop the financial tools that will result in more accurate customer profitability assessment and decision-making
- Prepare customer account reviews and participate in pricing presentations to sales, sales leaders and senior management
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects and exercises that support yield improvement objectives and revenue growth initiatives
- Utilize and maintain reporting/data integrity for both internal and external reporting needs
- Demonstrate a solid understanding of both Domestic and International pricing objectives and how each area functions
- Design, implementation, and maintenance of all centralized Revenue Management systems/data bases and other departmental database to ensure timely and accurate information
- Compile data, analyze and prepare reports on actual or projected information in the following areas:
- Productivity metrics, sales/margin, pricing/tariffs - Net assets employed and shipment volumes Customer or product line profitability The individual in this position must be capable of performing all of the essential functions with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Knowledge and Skills (The following minimum requirements are normal guidelines and should not constrain the advancement of otherwise qualified personnel):
This is a senior level position. Exceptional interpersonal and analytical skills required. 'Big Picture', strategic thinking with attention to detail. Strong computer skills required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. Generally prefer 3-6 years of related experience.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity