Our client is a newly established, Technical Resources company supporting development and deployment on Green Energy Solutions projects.
Job Summary: Sr. Principal Designers may supervise task-force personnel producing piping deliverables on a project. They have responsibility for meeting budget and schedule deadlines while driving quality and consistency in design. Roles and responsibilities are listed below.
• May Lead design effort on a project, with responsibility for budget, schedule, technical conformance and quality.
• May supervise project team of designers, designer/drafters, and Piping Engineering staff.
• Checks project deliverables for quality and consistency.
• Estimates and plans production budgets and schedules.
• Tracks and reports project progress.
• Manages project budget and scope changes.
• Assists with proposal estimates.
• Knowledgeable of progress tracking, staffing planning, estimating and reporting.
• Capable of effectively interfacing with management, client and other disciplines.
• Assists in development of talent within the Piping group through mentoring of less experienced staff.
• Value Engineering and Work Process Improvements – Develop and implement time and money saving ideas/suggestions which improve design production, safety, and quality on a project.
• Field Assignments, when required
• Share Knowledge – Actively Engage in Mentoring or Teaching other employees.
• Project Piping Lead
• Project Piping Technical Lead
• Area Lead
Education: High school diploma required, Associates Degree Preferred
• Minimum of 12 years Piping Design experience, preferably in petrochemical or other process industries.
• In depth knowledge and/or use of Tier I or Tier II 3D modeling software (e.g. S3D, PDMS, PDS, CADWorx, etc.).
• Knowledgeable of piping related industry standards.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Aptitude with Software (Microsoft Office Suite).
• Must have excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong team-player attitude.
• Knowledge of P&IDs and Piping Specifications and Standards.
• Capable of working independently.