Senior PACO Engineer
Major Oil and Gas Operator
Houston (Work from Home)
Hourly Rate negotiable
12 Month Contract Min
The Global Edge Consultants leaders within Oil and Gas Recruitment currently require a Senior PACO Engineer for a minimum 12-month contract. The Senior PACO Engineer Provide discipline engineering input into MAC Automation System developments for the project during the engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning/start up phases of the project and be the responsible TA3 PACO Automation (for some specific PACO automation elements, delegated TA 2 responsibility is envisaged).
The role covers project overall coordination for MAC issues across the two EPC contracts (ECOC and MLOC). The ECOC (EPC1) will be lump sum and responsible for the grass root Gas Cracker (SCU), Utilities and Off Sites (Tank Farm - brownfield) extension. The MLOC (EPC2) will be lump sum and responsible for the grass root MEG plants, LAO plant and OXO alcohols plant.
- Provide technical assurance to ensure adequate PACO automation design and implementation, in compliance with applicable specifications, standards, and PCAP.
- Monitor, guide and steer quality of the EPC Contractor and any contributing sub-contractors.
- Ensure design and development of the MAC (Main Automation Contractor) automation system scope in
- compliance with the specifications and standards Support and coordinate the HMI (Human Machine
- Interface) development between operations, MAC and EPCs.
- Coordinate the design interfaces of the Automation System in the Central Control Room and respective EPC
Scope of work
- Support the Multi-Purpose Dynamic Simulator (MPDS)
- Support the Alarm Classification studies and assurance of subsequent implementation in the automations systems
- Management and supervision of all aspects of the Automation Systems project activities
- Interface with other disciplines, e.g. PACO engineers, Operations, Civil etc. and support HMI and process control implementations actively
- Actively interface with both EPC teams to maintain standardization
- Technical and Quality assurance for construction & commissioning of the Automation Systems
- Support the development of Maintenance Procedures and Work instructions for the Asset team
- Support the Flawless client Q Captain Control Systems
- Standardization & smart replication
- Operational Excellence within JV constraints
- Local stakeholder expectations and capability transfer
- Flexibility is required.
- Work in lump sum environment
- Define and Manage the internal and external Interfaces
- Optimize the use of the available discipline engineering
- resources from within or from the P&T team
- Incumbent will work in a growing team with all relevant Disciplines
- Minimum Bachelors Engineering Degree or
- equivalent in Automation technology or Engineering
- discipline required.
- Academic qualifications or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years in the oil industry, preferably including work in Operating Units
- International exposure is preferred
- Automation engineer with significant control system and process control experience in oil/gas industry, i.e. in a refinery/chemical plant or central office
- A proven track record of results delivery.
- Experience in the design and testing/verification of control system implementation and configuration of process control and safeguarding strategies.
- Experience in commissioning / plant start-up for automation systems and smart field instrumentation.
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills- Good team working skills, a can do attitude and prepared to stretch personal and business goals
- Project Experience Working with EPC Contractors
- Experience with project management Experience with relationship and contract management of
- MAC and contractors
- Experience in HSSE and quality management