Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior NGL Accountant based in Houston, TX.
Reporting to the Marketing Accounting Manager, the Senior NGL Accountant is responsible for actualizing NGL volumes received from pipeline EBBs, our production company and/or 3rd party customers transported to market, placed in storage, and delivered to market along with the management of inventory.
The following are job duties expected of the Senior NGL Accountant:
- Regularly work with a team of 4 accountants to perform monthly volumetric allocations for NGL locations by analyzing statements per location and other transporter reports
- Reconcile transportation invoices to trading system, resolving discrepancies timely to process payment.
- Work with Operations to ensure completeness and accuracy of NGL truck/rail and inventory transactions recorded in the trading system
- Analyze inventory and explain volumetric variances between current month, prior month and accruals
- Proficient in knowledge of inventory valuation (WACOG)
- Provide support and assistance to Front Office Team to research and resolve prior period volumetric discrepancies
- Reconcile actualized volumes per our trading system with our revenue accounting group for equity and 3rd party and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Collaborate with project team, product control, revenue accounting and Operations to improve processes and provide reliable analysis
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts for inventory and related costs
- Review and record monthly journal entries to the general ledger for commodity purchases, sales, transportation and fees for accruals and actualized activity
- Gather supporting documents and provide explanations for audit request for consolidated and stand-alone financial statements (as applicable)
- Document and update desk procedures for assigned tasks
- Manage Inventory (storage, imbalances and line fill) – calculating WACOG and LOCOM
- Review intercompany transactions
- Supporting special projects
- Act as a back up to other desks