Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
Plays a critical role in developing global information security policies and standards, performing technology and operational risk assessments, identifying control needs, and working with business owners and senior management to drive cost-effective implementation of appropriate security controls. Helps Univar comply with relevant laws, regulations, and industry best practices that enable the business to meet its objectives in the most cost-effective method possible while minimizing Univar’s cyber security risk posture.
- Provide secure and reliable operations of security platforms.
- Define and implement secure network designs and communications.
- Providing information security requirements and guidance to IT and project teams during the development and implementation of new and modified systems.
- Collaborate with IT and other technical teams to identify, resolve, and mitigate vulnerabilities in systems, processes and procedures.
- Define, maintain, and track changes and exceptions to Univar’s global information security policies and standards.
- Participate as necessary in security events and incidents.
- Performs other related duties as required or requested.
- Professional security certifications are preferred, including Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH), Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) or other comparable certificate.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience required.
- Must be security minded and versed in general security principles and best practices.
- Knowledge and understanding of established security frameworks and publications such as NIST CSF, CIS Benchmarks and Critical Security Controls.
- Expert knowledge of networking protocols, routing and switching.
- Ability to work with limited direction and guidance.
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills such that security requirements and risks are clearly understood by IT asset owners, application owners, and business contacts
- Courage & Conviction: Demonstrates commitment to presenting oneself authentically by acting in a way that is consistent with one’s beliefs and Univar’s values. Ensure that the “whole story” is told in a straightforward, unbiased manner. Shares information candidly and accurately up and down the organization, even when difficult to do so.
- Demonstrates Organizational Collaboration: Consistently partners and builds relationships across organizational lines and works cooperatively within and outside one’s own team in order to best serve customer/supplier needs and exceed the expectations of end customers. Actively supports key decisions and promotes a spirit of teamwork to demonstrate the commitment to “One Univar.”
- Facilitates Change: Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; shares ideas with others to facilitate acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Self-Starter: Adaptable to change, motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively reach goals with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions/Other Requirements:
- General office work environment.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours on occasion as required by project tasks.
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.