UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
What makes your career greater with UnitedHealth Group? Growth opportunities among the variety of product lines and making an impact on the healthcare system ensures it will always be challenging and exciting.
The Sr. Network Pricing Consultant supports and validates Provider Network (physicians, hospitals, ancillary facilities, etc.) contracting and unit cost management activities through financial and network pricing modeling, analysis, and reporting. Network Pricing Consultants conduct unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies. Responsibilities also include managing unit cost budgets, target setting, performance reporting, and associated financial models.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct financial and network pricing modeling, analysis and reporting
- Perform unit cost and contract valuation analysis in support of network contracting negotiations and unit cost management strategies
- Lead projects to completion by contributing to database creation, statistical modeling and financial reports
- Concisely summarize and communicate the results of complex analytics
- Influence pricing strategies and network configuration decisions using a data driven approach
- Provide consultative advice on use of data as subject matter expert and interpret / summarize analytical findings
- Analyze and summarize broad impact of changes in network configurations to premium price differentials
- Work with cross-functional teams across the organization to make strategic decisions supported by data
- Anticipate customer needs and proactively develop solutions to meet them
- Lead the design and creation of analytic models to evaluate financial impact of business strategies
- Lead the development of strategic initiatives aimed at reducing the total cost of care
- May lead functional or segment teams or projects
- Motivate and inspire other team members
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of analytical experience in financial analysis, healthcare pricing, network management, healthcare economics, or related discipline
- 5+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- 3+ years of experience in creating and using financial modeling tools, spreadsheets, and information acquisition tools including experience in interpreting and reviewing financial modeling results to evaluate the financial impact of contract changes and develop forecasts
- At least an intermediate level of proficiency in performing financial impact analysis, risk management, and data manipulation
- 3+ years of experience with provider payment methodologies and healthcare products
- Demonstrated proficiency and strength in written and verbal communication
- Advanced level proficiency in MS Excel
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Network Pricing Consultant, Financial Analysis, Healthcare Pricing, Network Management, Healthcare Economics, Provider Network, Network Contracting, Provider Payment, Healthcare, Financial Impact Analysis, Risk Management, Data Manipulation, Financial Modeling, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, UHC, UHG, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at Home, Columbus, OH, Ohio