Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Adult Education
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the role
Conduct task/job based training on FIS products and systems for new clients as part of new conversions, conversion-merger and acquisition projects, existing clients who require refresher training, or need to train new employees and/or FIS employees who support the product.
What you will be doing
- Conducts training needs assessments to understand characteristics and skill levels of learners, the job setting and to identify processes and tasks performed by system users.
- Determines appropriate instructional strategy based on results of needs assessment.
- Designs, modifies or develops instructional materials for multiple training modalities including traditional instructor-led classes, web-based/virtual classes and job-aids.
- Classes may consist of standard or customized course content and may use a train-the-trainer or end user approach.
- Conducts traditional classroom or web-based training sessions using effective presentation skills, verbal communication skills and classroom management skills at FIS facilities or client locations.
- Assesses training outcomes by soliciting and reviewing feedback and evaluation of classes taught.
- For systems/products trained, reviews system/software documentation from product development teams, such as release notes, system requirements, system design specifications, technical and functional system design, configuration control requirements, etc. to understand and stay current on system changes - enhances system knowledge through hands-on practice using test banks.
- Develops and manages content and parameters of training banks including account and scenario setup, product definition across multiple applications and security.
- Manages and completes all aspects of training projects including reviewing Statements of Work and other contractual client documents relevant to training services for assigned projects, communicating with clients, working with implementation and client relationship teams to understand client business needs (adapts training context and content accordingly), scheduling and travel planning, status and expense reporting, following-up and issue resolution and resetting parameters of training bank, including student and demonstration accounts and user IDs and passwords.
- Stays current on relevant trends within the financial services industries, i.e., banking, wealth management, insurance, regulatory as pertains to FIS products and services and specific assignments.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring
- Thorough, detailed knowledge of FIS systems and products trained as well as FIS procedures
- Effective presentation and interpersonal skills
- Understanding of and ability to demonstrate adult education principles and techniques
- Classroom management skills
- Understanding of banking and financial services industries and products including commercial and consumer banking, lending, insurance, wealth management, online banking, card services and bill payment services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; clear, tactful and constructive
- Proficient with technology and office automation tools and applications
- Customer service skills, understanding and focusing on client needs, establishing credibility and building positive, professional, relationships with clients
- Team skills including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally
- Strong time management, problem solving, project management, leadership and negotiation skills
- Attention to detail
- Resourcefulness, flexibility, versatility, dependability
Bachelor's degree in finance or adult education or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience.
What we offer you
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS JOB LEVEL DESCRIPTION
Career professional role. Highly skilled, demonstrates extensive proficiency. Works under minimal supervision on complex projects with a wide latitude for independent judgment. Acts as a mentor to less experienced peers. Trains a full portfolio of standard and custom multi-day courses within a primary application area (5 to 10). Also trains a robust portfolio of standard or custom courses (3 to 5) within one or more secondary application areas or companion/sub-systems. Completes learning plans for new courses successfully without assistance. Collaborates as a subject-matter expert with instructional designers on large or complex course development projects. Develops custom training content based on project needs. Keeps informed and takes a lead role in communicating to peers about product development activities that require revisions, corrections, or changes in course materials; may make revisions in source documents using standards and templates as needed. Typically requires five to ten years of experience in banking and adult education, as well as extensive knowledge of FIS products.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.