Location: Houston,Texas,United States
Category: Risk Management
Tokio Marine HCC is a leading specialty insurance group with offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, Spain and Ireland, transacting business in approximately 180 countries and underwriting more than 100 classes of specialty insurance. Tokio Marine HCC products and capabilities set the standard for the industry, and many of the Company’s almost 2,600 employees are industry-leading experts.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager Enterprise Risk Management in our Corporate Headquarters located in Houston, TX.
Under general supervision, identify, evaluate, and administer strategies for risk management throughout the Company.
Relying on experience and judgment, the Senior Manager of Enterprise Risk management is responsible for accomplishing the following assignments. These assignments are broad in nature and work can be difficult.
- Work with SVP, ERM to lead detailed vendor risk assessments and advance vendor risk management policies and data quality initiatives
- Work with SVP, ERM on Incident Management activities and Business Continuity Plans
- Work with risk owners for updating risk registries and related risk mitigation and management plans; make recommendations directly to the SVP, ERM on the Company’s management and monitoring of risks
- Lead/perform targeted risk assessments
- Develop or update risk management and related policies and procedures
- Work with SVP, ERM preparing reports and presentations to members of Executive Management and others as necessary
- Work with the Internal Controls and Internal Audit Departments to closely align activities with those risks identified through the ERM process and oversee updating of risk registers
- Work with SVP, ERM in analysis of models; risk aggregations
- Work with SVP, ERM in procurement of tailored insurance products by gathering and organizing exposure information related to insurance placement and renewal submissions, the preparation of insurance applications and presentations, and the review of policy language
- Work with SVP, ERM on a variety of other activities and special projects
During the first 6 months:
- Work closely with the SVP, ERM to learn about the TMHCC organization and current ERM processes
- Assume the primary ERM department’s role in data quality initiatives
- Advance/update current vendor risk management policy
Position Knowledge, Skills, and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Risk Management, or a related field or the equivalent education and/or experience in the insurance industry
- Minimum of ten years of relevant experience with an insurance company, broker, or risk management department
- Thorough understanding of risk management principles and practices and property/casualty insurance and reinsurance
- Possess and have ability to apply broad knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact, and diplomacy
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledgeable of industry changes, legal updates and technical developments related to applicable area of the Company’s business to proactively respond to changing business environment
- Proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
Tokio Marine HCC group of companies offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. We are a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join our team of professionals. The Tokio Marine HCC group of companies is an equal-opportunity employer. Please visit www.tmhcc.com for more information about our companies.