JDRF is the leading global organization funding type 1 diabetes (T1D) research. Our mission is to accelerate life-changing breakthroughs to cure, prevent and treat T1D and its complications. To accomplish this, JDRF has invested more than $2.5 billion in research funding since our inception. We are an organization built on a grassroots model of people connecting in their local communities, collaborating regionally for efficiency and broader fundraising impact, and uniting on a national stage to pool resources, passion, and energy. We collaborate with academic institutions, policymakers, and corporate and industry partners to develop and deliver a pipeline of innovative therapies to people living with T1D. Our staff and volunteers in chapters across the United States and our six international affiliates are dedicated to advocacy, community engagement, and our vision of a world without T1D. For more information please visit jdrf.org or follow us on Twitter @JDRF.
As a JDRF team member, you can look forward to interesting and challenging work, building strong relationships with fellow staff and our network of volunteers, and having a meaningful impact on the lives of everyone affected by this devastating disease. JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is a REMOTE position.
The Senior Manager, Community Screening and Clinical Trial Education will be responsible for specific operational aspects of JDRF's clinical trial education and community screening programs. For the clinical trial education program, the senior manager will serve as the central point of contact for clinical trial education volunteers and JDRF staff, coordinate the administrative aspects of the Participant Advisory Committee and Clinical Trial Education Volunteer Network, and maintain and coordinate resources for the clinical trial education program. They will also coordinate educational offerings, including webinars, social media, and in person events. For JDRF's community screening program, the senior manager will assist with all aspect of the program and will lead the manage the administrative aspects of the healthcare provider education and coordinate educational events for JDRF staff and constituents They will report directly to the Director, Community Screening and Clinical Trial Education.
• Work with staff and volunteers across the country to promote awareness about participation in T1D screening and clinical trials
• Lead the Participant Advisory Committee in partnership with staff, volunteers, and partners across the country
• Coordinate and support clinical trial education volunteer activities, including scheduling meetings and events, creating and maintaining program resources, and updating web-based resources
• Serve as a resource for chapter staff to ensure seamless communication about the clinical trial education
• Plan and coordinate JDRF's healthcare provider training on screening and monitoring in partnership with the director, community screening and clinical trial education and other internal stakeholders
• Coordinate and execute webinars, social media events, and in person events on to educate JDRF staff and constituents about T1D screening monitoring and clinical trial participation
• Assist with various aspects of JDRF's community screening and monitoring education program
- Field questions from staff, volunteers, and constituents on the community screening and clinical trial education programs
- Maintain confidentiality and security of JDRF and partners' information.
- Assist with landscape analysis and scouting for new opportunities.
- Assist in establishing and implementing guidelines and standard operating procedures to promote efficiencies.
- Provide written and oral reports and presentations to external and internal stakeholders.
- Perform all other responsibilities and projects as assigned by supervisors.
• Program management experience.
• Bilingual Spanish preferred.
• Strong capacity to learn and utilize medical, technical, scientific information needed to advance project goals.
• Prior work experience in a scientific research environment, clinical care, public health, and/or a not-for-profit organization is preferred.
• Familiarity type 1 diabetes is preferred.
• Experience in organizing and leading committees, giving presentations, and generating written reports.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of staff, volunteers, and partners effectively and diplomatically, maintaining confidentiality when appropriate.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed, fast-paced environment and to balance competing needs.
• Capacity to synthesize diverse information and formulate solutions to meet needs from various perspectives.
• Solid organizational and time-management skills. Ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects and deliver high-quality and timely results.
• Master's Degree preferred, with 1 or more years of professional work experience
• College Degree or equivalent, with 5 or more years of professional work experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered
To protect the health and safety of our employees, all employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and have a COVID-19 booster shot regardless of location or position. This includes those with remote status. Requests for medical, religious, and other exemptions will be considered on an individual basis. JDRF will comply with all federal, state, and local laws.
JDRF supports a diverse and inclusive workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.