LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The Manager/Sr. Manager Business Finance role is the finance business partner to support Acetyls and EO&D business unit (A&E) business by providing accurate financial analysis/insights, consolidation, forecasting and reporting, and ensuring appropriate controls for the business.
This position has direct responsibility for completing all aspects of the forecasting and reporting cycle for Acetyls: Methanol, Acetic Acid, and Vinyl Acetate, and also indirect responsibility but full accountability by supervising a team member to support all aspects of the forecasting and reporting cycle for EO&D: Ethylene Oxide, Ethylene Glycol and E-Solvents.
The responsibilities include financial oversight and coordination of monthly/quarterly/annual consolidated balance sheet, income statement and business cash flow. In addition to the A&E responsibilities, this role will also provide support to the I&D Segment Controller, which includes, but not limited to, participating in the review and consolidation of award unit performance.
This position engages with the A&E business management as required on a very routine basis, and requires close interaction and collaboration with BDA, Operations Planning, and I&D internal customers. In addition, this Senior/Manager Business Finance role is a member of the A&E Sales & Operational Planning and Manufacturing team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate the A&E business income statement and balance sheet as part of the monthly close process to monitor data integrity and investigate any significant variance.
- Provide variance analysis of A&E business results versus targets for appropriate periods; assist with preparation of short, medium and long-term profitability forecasts.
- Lead preparation of internal financial analysis for A&E business management.
- Prepare and present financial results at quarterly Acetyls Business, Operational Planning and Manufacturing team meetings.
- Provides A&E related input for the quarterly business performance flux analysis to the Leadership team and Investor Relations, which is used in external reporting of results in 10-Q and 10-K filings with the SEC. As a result, accuracy and attention to detail are critical success factors.
- Lead preparation of monthly and quarterly A&E reporting deliverables (e.g., BRM, Segment Analysis, etc.).
- Coordinate the monthly Acetyls forecast process and provide information to determine if any actions should be taken to ensure delivery of the annual plan.
- Maintain Acetyls forecasting models for business earnings, working capital, and cash flow, utilizing SAP BPC, Analysis for Office, Business Warehouse tools and other analytical/graphical tools.
- Coordinate with business team to develop and distribute a monthly Methanol pricing forecast
- Support the I&D fixed cost responsibility budget process.
- Monitor the capital expenditures for the A&E business units.
- Support and participate in other financial initiatives outside of the I&D segment.
- Coach and mentor one direct report who is responsible for EO&D related forecasting/reporting.
* Accounting or Finance degree or related business degree with 8+ years of relevant financial experience. Master's degree and/or professional certification preferred.
* Knowledge of US GAAP and familiarity with IFRS principles.
* Advanced knowledge of SAP and Business Warehouse.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
* Strong analytical skills, including the ability to identify and understand trends in key business drivers (external and internal as applicable).
* Ability to multi-task and prioritize, including responding to numerous (and often urgent) requests from multiple stakeholders for financial analysis and commentary.
* A self-starter with ability to engage with stakeholders; and rally support to drive operational and reporting excellence.
* Good team player with strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage interfaces and build solid relationships with all key stakeholders.
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston