Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Reporting Location: 10677 Homestead Rd, Houston, TX 77016
Section: Digital Strategies/TECHLink
Workdays & Hours: Monday - Sunday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM*
*Subject to change
The Houston Public Library seeks an energetic, customer service oriented individual to provide quality customer service and technology-focused instruction to a diverse customer base. Successful candidates will communicate effectively, provide exceptional customer service, enjoy working with, learning, and teaching new and emerging technologies, be at ease multitasking in a fast-paced public service setting and enjoy
interacting with people of all ages from diverse backgrounds.
The Senior Library Technology Service Specialist will:
- Serve as the assistant manager to lead the daily activities of staff and volunteers;
- One-on-one or in small groups, assists with 3D printing, laser cutting, digitization, scanning, custom embroidery, robotics, virtual reality headsets and digital artistry.
- Guides customers in video production activities including recording and editing video; using green screen technology and teleprompters; and multiple microphone setups.
- Assists customers in music production, recording vocals, live and virtual instruments, mixing and editing digital audio, and creating streaming media content.
- Develops and conducts group workshops on various technologies and maker space devices.
- Facilitates workshops on using Microsoft Products (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word), Adobe applications (Photoshop, Premiere, Dreamweaver), digital animation, creating multimedia presentations, music and video production.
- Conducts outreach to neighborhood institutions and organizations as needed; examples are neighborhood civic clubs and elementary schools and community colleges.
- Troubleshoots equipment and computer problems; attempts solutions before escalating to Desktop Support team or for manufacturer or third-party repair.
- Installs software upgrades and new technology hardware at their respective location.
- Gathers or collects data to generate reports, activity logs, and related utilization information.
- evening and Saturday hours as needed to ensure adequate coverage for service operations; and perform other duties as assigned.
Position requires stooping and bending; lifting of library up to 20 pounds. Must be able to move freely
throughout the work space. Moderate analytic ability is required in applying guidelines, policies, and in adapting standard methods to fit facts and conditions. Must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.