At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Position Summary: Commercial generalist within Legal Department responsible for protecting NRG’s financial, legal and other interests across a wide range of consumer-facing business and legal matters within a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Draft and negotiate commercial agreements (sales, marketing, product development, vendors, customer contracts, back-office processes, leases, IT).
- As needed, support teams working on mergers and acquisitions, litigation, and intellectual property issues.
- Provide legal support for various Operations, Finance, Sales, and Marketing activities.
- Avoid and resolve litigation, complaints, disputes and other claims.
- Ensure compliance with various federal and state consumer protection laws, including Telephone Consumer Protection Act, credit and debt collection laws, CAN-SPAM Act, state deceptive trade practices acts, state privacy laws, and state utility commission consumer protection rules.
- Work with business partners to develop effective, customer-friendly and legally-compliant advertising, sales and marketing materials; sales scripts and collateral; web, mobile app and social media materials; sales agent training materials; customer contracts and related disclosure documents; customer care and retention materials; and business processes, including face-to-face sales, customer acquisition and enrollment, and retention.
- Identify and mitigate emerging sales and marketing compliance risks.
- Licensed attorney with 6 to 10 years practicing law;
- 3 to 5 years experience with a national or upper-tier regional law firm.
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial agreements.
- Some travel expected (~15%)
- In-house legal department experience.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources