We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
The Sr. Manager of Financial Applications at Halliburton is a high profile role responsible for application support and delivery across the F&A, Tax & Real Estate organizations, including General Accounting, Tax, Treasury, Audit, Credit & Collections, Real Estate and Travel. Strong skills in the areas of organization, leadership, business acumen, and communication are essential for the fulfillment of the following activities.
- Portfolio management for approximately 70 on-premise and cloud applications
- Demand management, customer advocacy, and business alignment to understand business’ strategic drivers, identify requirements, evaluate IT solutions, develop technology roadmaps, and ensure that projects align with technology strategy & business goals
- Primary point of contact up to Senior VP level of internal customers
- Leadership of a team of 50 employee or contractor resources directly or through managers and team leads
- Management of annual budget with monthly forecasting/analysis
- Delivery of several concurrent projects in the designated area totaling about $10M annually, including major SAP implementations; oversight of project deliverables, scope, budget, and timeline, in collaboration with project managers
- Support of the Finance and Accounting organization globally during month-end close including management of the close schedule, coordination of close-related activities, and communication to IT and business leadership
- Vendor relationship management, including negotiation of license and maintenance agreements and statements of work with IT vendors, in partnership with IT Procurement
- Situation/crisis management, as needed for critical situations
- Creation and analysis of operations metrics reporting monthly
- Collaboration across all other IT teams, including other application areas, architecture, security, etc.
- Direction/mentoring for employee development plans, annual reviews and succession management
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Finance
- 10+ years post-collegiate work experience in building financial systems /delivering financial solutions and establishing operational processes around systems
- 7+ years as a leader in an IT department with increasing roles of responsibility preferred
- 5+ years of experience in SAP ERP financial modules preferred
- Proven experience in strategic planning and execution, combined with strong organizational skills and business acumen
- Subject matter expert of Finance functions, including GAAP and IFRS accounting, tax, and financial reporting, and month-end close support
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 89127
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Information Technology
Product Service Line: Information Technology
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.