Kinder Morgan, Inc. is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately 84,000 miles of pipelines and 157 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, refined petroleum products, crude oil, condensate, CO2 and other products, and our terminals trans load and store liquid commodities including petroleum products, ethanol and chemicals, and bulk products, including petroleum coke, metals and ores.
We are seeking an experienced HR professional to provide comprehensive support and guidance to a multi-facility Texas area client group in the areas of HR policy administration, recruitment & staffing, organizational development & training, compensation administration, benefits, discipline & performance counseling, affirmative action efforts, investigations, employee and labor relations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure effective communication and administration of company policies, procedures, programs, changes and related issues.
- Job requires critical thinking and the ability to manage competing priorities in order to meet the needs of client groups
- Provide guidance to client group management to promote and maintain a positive employer / employee relationship, and maintain a union-free status at non-union represented facilities
- Use effective conflict resolution techniques to solve employee / supervisor and employee / employee problems with minimal supervision. Includes counseling management and building consensus on complex and sensitive issues.
- Guide management in the application and interpretation of policies, compensation practices, benefits, performance issues, equal employment opportunity, affirmative action and disability leave management
- Advise management on appropriate staffing, compensation and benefits issues.
- Facilitate and conduct training on a variety of HR initiatives
- Conduct or participate in ethics and other employee investigations, develop final reports and manage solutions to the problems identified
- Utilize workforce planning tools to plan for staffing needs and knowledge transfer for key roles.
- Anticipated travel locally: 10-20%
- Other related duties as assigned
*Job level will be determined based on the successful candidate’s skills and qualifications.
- A Bachelor's degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years direct experience in a HR Generalist role
Competencies, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to clearly and concisely frame up issues so that options are developed and timely solutions are implemented, with minimal supervision
- Comprehensive understanding of HR and willingness to learn and understand the business they support in order to assist frontline supervisors and managers in finding solutions within a challenging and complex environment
- Familiarity with applicant tracking and HRIS systems (Lawson or PeopleFluent experience a plus)
- Ability to counsel managers and employees on performance guidelines and expectations with minimal assistance
- Strong analytical skills and logical thought processes, with the ability to identify and resolve complex and sensitive HR issues/problems
- Demonstrated ability to work with all levels of the organization
- Ability to develop and professionally deliver training presentations
- Ability to conduct, organize and participate in various employee investigation situations, assemble a final report and manage solutions to the problems identified with minimal assistance and within expected time frame
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize work schedule, focus attention on details and follow work rules
- Ability to organize, multi-task, prioritize work, and maintain strict confidentiality
- Above average proficiency in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Must be able to connect and engage in a very hands on and visible fashion to effect change and results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to perform the required duties with little or no direct supervision
- Willingness to use personal and/or company vehicle in the course of employment
Kinder Morgan Offers:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Retirement Plan
- Comprehensive Medical/Rx and Dental Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Bonus Program
- Paid Bus Pass or Parking
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.