Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
Responsible for conducting training needs analysis for the business and designing, developing and evaluating all training materials, communications and activities to meet the organization's job/role requirements. Position determines best presentation approach such as instructor-led, self-study, computer and internet modalities as required. The Sr. Instructional Designer is involved in conducting ongoing evaluations and assessments to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommending/implementing modifications as necessary. Position works with SMEs to obtain training content. Responsibilities include design and development of online, web-based, instructor-led, and video-conferencing supported training materials for a Learning Management System or for stand-alone deliverables.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from the state of Texas, as you take on some tough challenges.
Analyze Business Issues and Needs
- Assess and interpret customer needs and requirements
- Engage/collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and SMEs needed to identify business needs, performance goals and gaps
- Conduct task analysis/research to identify the specific knowledge, skills, and behaviors needed to achieve desired performance levels (e.g., focus groups, observation)
- Conduct audience analysis (e.g., target audiences, current skills, performance gaps, special needs, prior knowledge, and attitudes)
- Identify and communicate appropriate solutions needed to address identified business issues and needs (e.g., training, coaching, policy changes, system changes, process/procedure changes, compliance issues, documentation issues, incentive issues, leadership issues, organization structure)
- Identify measurement approaches and mechanisms to evaluate success of the educational solution.
Design and Develop Training Solutions
- Develop learning objectives based on appropriate analyses (e.g., business analysis, task analysis, audience analysis)
- Engage/collaborate with appropriate stakeholders and SMEs to determine appropriate training content (e.g., products, processes, tools, skills needed)
- Apply principles of adult learning and training best practices to create effective and innovative training design solutions
- Research/identify appropriate delivery approaches/media/methodologies (e.g., ILT, eLearning, webinar, virtual training, social media) and obtain required approvals
- Identify/incorporate or develop appropriate learning activities/exercises needed to enable learners to achieve learning objectives (e.g., delivery timeframes, durations, techniques)
- Write scripts/talking points or supporting materials/ storyboards for learning activities (e.g., trainer, audio, video, case studies, quick reference guides, handouts, job aids, trainer/learner guides, audio/visual aids)
- Develop tools/resources for evaluating/measuring post-training learning effectiveness
- Obtain stakeholder and SME approval/sign-off of training materials (following review cycles), and make needed revisions based on stakeholder feedback
Implement Training Solutions
- Conduct Train-the-Trainer sessions to prepare trainers for delivery of training solutions and ensure/validate trainer readiness
- Conduct training pilots to identify specific issues that needed to be addressed prior to delivery (e.g., timing, media, content gaps, audience engagement, assessment issues, and training guides/materials)
- Publish, test, and upload files to appropriate delivery locations (e.g., LMS, SharePoint)
- Respond to ongoing feedback from trainers, and make appropriate adjustments to training deliverables
Measure and Evaluate Training Effectiveness
- Ensure that post-training evaluation processes are properly implemented (e.g., activate system tools, conduct focus group/interviews, and distribute surveys)
- Monitor and analyze training metrics/data/trends, and identify areas needing attention to enhance learning effectiveness
- Collaborate with trainers to identify strengths and areas for improvement in training solutions, and appropriate steps to take to improve training effectiveness (e.g., content, activities, materials, delivery methods)
- Conduct updates/debriefs as necessary with appropriate stakeholders to communicate training experiences/effectiveness, based on available feedback and data
- Engage with learners post-training to obtain additional feedback on training effectiveness (e.g., focus groups, follow-up surveys), collaborating with trainers as appropriate
- Identify and incorporate needed changes to learning solutions (e.g., processes, procedures, materials, techniques, curricula) based on measurement/evaluation results
Performs all other related duties as assigned.
- Ensures department complies with approved corporate policies and procedures
- Serves on and chairs corporate committees, task forces, and/or work groups
- Acts as a resource for others with less experience
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Master’s Degree
- 3+ years of instructional design experience
- 3+ years of advanced working experience with one or more of the following content authoring tools: Adobe Captivate, Storyline 3, Camtasia and other authoring tools for web-based training
- 3+ years of Adult Learning Theories, e.g. Constructivism knowledge
- 3+ years of Instructional Design models, e.g. ADDIE or Design Thinking knowledge
- 3+ years of experience using HTML and SCORM
- Proficiency with Adobe CC2018 (or other versions), especially Photoshop, Premiere, Illustrator, InDesign and After Effects
- Advanced level of skill with Microsoft Word & PowerPoint; e.g. Word- formatting templates, creating newsletters, merging documents; PowerPoint- creating and integrating animations and video
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- 2+ years of advanced working experience in pre & post video production
- 1+ years of experience with coordinating and/or managing educational or instructional design projects
- Experience with Visio, Snag-lt, Articulate, Videoscribe, 3D Max, MOHO Pro or similar tools
- Experience within a health plan, medical practice or health care setting
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Experience with an LMS. Cornerstone
- Experience with Gamification of Education
- Experience with Augmented Reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) tools
- Identifies solutions to non-standard requests and problems
- Solves moderately complex problems and/or conducts moderately complex analyses
- Works with minimal guidance; seeks guidance on only the most complex tasks
- Translates concepts into practice
- Provides explanations and information to others on difficult issues
- Coaches, provides feedback, and guides others
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: instructional designer, graphic designer, trainer, education, training, TX, Texas, healthcare, Adobe Captivate, Storyline 3, Camtasia, web-based training, Adobe CC2018