Important Note: During the application process, ensure your contact information (email and phone number) is up to date and upload your current resume when submitting your application for consideration. To participate in some selection activities you will need to respond to an invitation. The invitation can be sent by both email and text message. In order to receive text message invitations, your profile must include a mobile phone number designated as 'Personal Cell' or 'Cellular' in the contact information of your application.
At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We're looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you'll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Consumer and Small Business Banking is at the center of our efforts to rebuild trust and transform the way we serve our customers and clients. The Consumer and Small Business Banking organization is focused on innovating and transforming our business with the customer at the center, better enabling customers to engage with us how, when, and wherever they choose through a broad suite of financial products and services. While we are pleased to be an industry leader in many consumer and small business areas, including retail deposits, debit card transaction and purchase volume, and small business lending, our primary goal is delivering for our customers. Our market positions are an outcome of great work by employees who are committed to serving our customers.
Wells Fargo is looking to hire Remote VA Mortgage Loan Underwriter 4's in our VA Mortgage Underwriting Division, who have a strong desire and passion to deliver an exceptional experience in helping customers with their home loan applications. If you thrive on working with high accuracy and attention to detail and working with a team to meet customer needs, we want to talk to you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
Responsible for reviewing, analyzing, approving and underwriting difficult, complex individual consumer requests and products within company and industry guidelines. Dependent on division, functions include reviewing financial statements, credit reports, and applicable ratios (i.e. Debt ratios, loan-to-value); examining transactions to ensure accuracy and completeness; preparing formal reports for review; ensuring that documents are consistent and uphold to company and industry guidelines; implementing fraud detection techniques, performing compliance reviews; assisting with re-negotiations of loans based on lending guidelines, serving as a consultant/technical resource on difficult problems and questions; handling escalated calls: providing work direction, feedback and training to underwriting staff including mentoring lower level underwriters on credit decisioning, department procedures and policies; delivering/facilitating of technical training to ensure organizational consistency. Has exception authority.
May act as a team lead and provide performance feedback to less senior underwriters.
May act as backup in absence of Supervisor.
This SAFE position has customer contact and job duties which may include the offering/negotiating of terms and/or taking an application for a dwelling secured transaction. As such, this position requires compliance with the S.A.F.E. Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 and all related regulations. Ongoing employment is contingent upon meeting all such requirements, including acceptable background investigation results.
Individuals in a SAFE position also must meet the Loan Originator requirements under Regulation Z (LO) outlined in the job expectations below.
'Preferred locations are listed on the job posting. Other locations within the Wells Fargo footprint may be considered.'
The salary range below is based on a full-time 40 hour a week schedule:
Denver, CO: Min$63,900 MRP: $90,000 MAX:$116,100
Visit https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/careers/benefits/ for benefits information
- 5+ years of underwriting experience
- 1+ year of FHA/VA experience
- 3+ years of credit underwriting experience
- Basic Microsoft Office skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment
- Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR) License
- Lender Appraisal Possessing Program Certification (LAPP)
Other Desired Qualifications
- 3 out of last 5 years in mortgage credit underwriting
- 1year + of Retail FHA/VA Underwriting experience
- This position requires SAFE registration at the time of employment. Wells Fargo will initiate the SAFE registration process immediately after your employment start date. The Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS) web site (http://fedregistry.nationwidelicensingsystem.org ) provides the MU4R questions and registration required for employment in this position.
- Individuals in Loan Originator (LO) positions must meet the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau qualification requirements and comply with related Wells Fargo policies. The LO qualification requirements include meeting applicable financial responsibility, character, general financial fitness and criminal background standards. A current credit report will be used to assess your financial responsibility and credit fitness, however, a credit score is not included as part of the evaluation. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening, if necessary.
- This position requires registration with a third-party vendor which will include verification using your Social Security number (or other federally approved identification information reflecting one s ability to work in the United States), personal email address and personal telephone number. It may also require the need to upload a photo of your driver s license or passport if the previously provided information cannot be confirmed
- Ability to provide and work from a home office
- This position requires compliance with all mortgage regulatory requirements and Wells Fargo's compliance policies related to these requirements including acceptable background check investigation results. Successful candidates must also meet ongoing regulatory requirements including additional screening and required reporting of certain incidents.
The salary range displayed below is based on a Full-time 40 hour a week schedule.
KS-Overland Park: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
MI-Birmingham: Min: $70,300 Mid: $99,000
NV-Reno: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
TN-Nashville: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
FL-Tampa: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
MO-Kansas City: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
CA-Fresno: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
ID-Boise: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
NV-Las Vegas: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
UT-Salt Lake City: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
SC-Columbia: Min: $57,500 Mid: $81,000
GA-Atlanta: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
FL-Orlando: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
MS-Gulfport: Min: $57,500 Mid: $81,000
OH-Columbus: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
IN-Indianapolis: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
FL-Jacksonville: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
TX-Houston: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
TX-Dallas: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
TX-Austin: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
WA-Spokane: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
NE-Omaha: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
NY-Buffalo: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
AZ-Tucson: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
AL-Birmingham: Min: $63,900 Mid: $90,000
KS-Overland Park: 7500 College Blvd - Overland Park, KS
MI-Birmingham: 34100 Woodward Ave - Birmingham, MI
NV-Reno: 6005 Plumas St - Reno, NV
TN-Nashville: 150 3rd Ave S - Nashville, TN
FL-Tampa: 4030 W BOY SCOUT BLVD - TAMPA, FL
MO-Kansas City: 9572 N McGee St - Kansas City, MO
CA-Fresno: 8405 N Fresno - Fresno, CA
ID-Boise: 3033 Elder St - Boise, ID
NV-Las Vegas: 4425 Spring Mtn Rd - Las Vegas, NV
UT-Salt Lake City: 5201 Amelia Earhart Dr - Salt Lake City, UT
SC-Columbia: 101 Greystone Blvd - Columbia, SC
GA-Atlanta: 3579 Atlanta Ave - Atlanta, GA
FL-Orlando: 11050 Lake Underhill Rd - Orlando, FL
MS-Gulfport: 375 Courthouse Rd - Gulfport, MS
OH-Columbus: 445 Hutchinson Ave - Columbus, OH
IN-Indianapolis: 8888 Keystone Xing - Indianapolis, IN
FL-Jacksonville: 3563 Philips Hwy - Jacksonville, FL
TX-Houston: 2700 Post Oak Blvd - Houston, TX
TX-Dallas: 8115 Preston Rd - Dallas, TX
TX-Austin: 9442 N Capital Of Texas Hwy - Austin, TX
WA-Spokane: 41 W Riverside Ave - Spokane, WA
NE-Omaha: 13330 California St - Omaha, NE
NY-Buffalo: 6700 Main St - Buffalo, NY
AZ-Tucson: 4051 E Sunrise Dr - Tucson, AZ
AL-Birmingham: 2501 20th Pl S - Birmingham, AL
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.