Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Gas Volume Accountant based in Houston, TX.
Reporting to the Marketing Accounting Manager, the Senior Gas Volume Accountant is responsible for actualizing Natural Gas volumes received from pipeline EBB’s, our production company and/or 3rd party customers, transported to market, placed in storage, and delivered to market.
The following are job duties expected of the Senior Gas Volume Accountant:
- Regularly work with a team of volume and settlement accountants to perform monthly volumetric allocations for natural gas by analyzing pipeline statements and other transporter reports.
- Reconcile transportation invoices to trading system, resolving discrepancies timely to process payment.
- Work with Operations to ensure completeness and accuracy of pipeline movements and inventory transactions recorded in the trading system.
- Analyze inventory and explain volumetric variances between current month, prior month and accruals.
- Proficient in knowledge of inventory valuation (WACOG and LOCOM).
- Provide support and assistance to the settlements team and operations to research and resolve prior period volumetric discrepancies.
- Reconcile actualized volumes per our trading system with our revenue accounting group for equity and 3rd party and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Collaborate with project team, product control, revenue accounting and Operations to improve processes and provide reliable analysis.
- Reconciliation of general ledger accounts for inventory and related costs.
- Review and record monthly journal entries to the general ledger for commodity purchases, sales, transportation and fees for accruals and actualized activity.
- Gather supporting documents and provide explanations for audit request for consolidated and stand-alone financial statements (as applicable).
- Document and update desk procedures for assigned tasks.