LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The purpose of the job is to Assist the Assoc. Director of Executive Compensation Services in:
* Evaluate/analyze salary data for executive and top management
* Administer executive compensation programs including executive salary surveys, annual and long-term incentive programs, deferred compensation, ESPP, etc.
* Market pricing of executive level positions.
* Support the day-to-day functions of the Exec. Compensation team with stock plan admin., proxy reporting, and other various tasks are required.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Analysis of compensation elements, levels and practices to assess market competitiveness of executive compensation.
* Development of compensation strategies supporting the company's growth strategy.
* Assist with the design, development and review of the annual bonus and long-term incentive program of executives.
* Analyse the financial performance of peer companies to assess relative performance for compensation programs.
* Review and analyse executive compensation programs in light of proxy advisory firm guidelines.
* Collaborate with legal counsel and financial reporting on drafting annual proxy disclosure, annual report (10-K) footnotes and Dutch annual report.
* Assist in the research of compensation related accounting and tax rules, securities law and corportate governance issues.
* Assist with the administration, coordination and communication of executive compensation services programs including RSU, Stock Options, and Performance Share programs for applicable events including new hires, terminations, retirements, annual deferral elections, dividend equivalent payments, and incentive plan payments.
* Assist with the administration of the global Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP).
* Assist with the preparation of LYB Board of Director presentations.
* Communicate new executive compensation plans and changes to existing plans by preparing announcement materials, booklets, and other media.
* Counsel Human Resources colleagues regarding executive compensation issues. Respond to questions and requests in a timely and professional manner.
* Prepare and conduct presentations to Human Resources colleagues on executive compensation issues.
- Bachelor's Degree (analytical majors such as finance, accounting or economics preferred); advanced degrees or professional certifications a plus.
- Minimum three plus of progressive experience in the field of executive compensation or in a related professional services field such as accounting, tax, legal or consulting.
- Experience working in a compensation consulting firm is required
- Strong oral and written communication, planning and organizational skills with a critical focus on the ability to convey complex matters in plain English. Must possess significant experience in data analysis including ability to develop innovative and cost-effective processes.
- Experience developing groups of comparable companies for benchmarking purposes and benchmarking executive positions to market.
- Superior project management skills including project plan development and monitoring, issues and resolution coordination, resource planning, activity and resource prioritization, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a collaborative style, the ability to communicate effectively at all levels and exceptional attention to detail.Proficiency to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Capable of taking a Company-wide perspective, displaying the ability to see the "bigger picture". Champions change.
- Proficiency to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston