Founded in 1934, Parker Drilling provides advanced drilling solutions to the energy industry. We are a technically innovative company providing worldwide drilling services, rental tools and project management, including rig design, construction and operations management.
This position provides engineering and technical support for the Company’s technology development group. This support includes design and analysis for New Product Development and Sustaining Product Development as well as related project management. The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop innovative technology products that automate manual processes related to wellbore construction, develop digital software tools to optimize the drilling process, and monitor equipment health.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & TASKS:
- Engineer digital technology products from concept through detailed design in support of the innovation and technology development program.
- Develop work plans, schedules, and write and review project requirements.
- Develop system and product design information and formulate models and simulations to represent their performance.
- Develop software for control, simulation, and real-time monitoring of oil and gas operations.
- Develop physics-based software models
- Develop software applications (front-end and back-end)
- Provide technical support to other departments as required.
- Development of project work scopes, cost, and scheduling for projects.
- Develop, review, and participate in design FMEA and FMECA studies.
- Ensure projects are executed within budget and as scheduled.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.