Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this family are related to the manipulation and analysis of data in support of a variety of analytic solutions. Roles within the family work with vast amounts of data from multiple sources to provide predictive and prescriptive analytics to the enterprise.
Make digital experiences in healthcare easier for members by applying data science methods to diverse data sources. Apply your knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement. Work with analytics, statistical software, and database technologies such as Python, SQL, R, Spark, Databricks, Hadoop and others to perform analytics and interpret data.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Develops innovative approaches
- Sought out as expert
- Serves as a leader/mentor
- Reviews the work of others
- Apply advanced statistical and predictive modeling techniques to data related to the optimization of digital experiences
- Design and use sampling methodology, prepare data, including data cleaning, multi-variate analysis, apply appropriate analytic and statistical methodology, develop predictive models, use visualization techniques, and document process and results
- Propose innovative ways to look at problems using data mining, statistical analysis and machine learning
- Communicate findings, verbally and visually, to business partners and clients
- Seek out new data sources and verify integrity of data that fill gaps and improve models
- Support business needs around analytics, predictive modeling and business intelligence
- Collaborate effectively with internal clients, transforming their needs into data science use cases
- Cross-train and mentor team members and interns on software skills, data sources and other work aspects
- Provide on-going tracking and monitoring of performance of statistical models and recommend ongoing improvements to methods and algorithms
- Other duties and responsibilities, not specifically described, may be defined or assigned from time to time, consistent with knowledge, skills and abilities of the incumbent by management
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS degree in computer science, applied mathematics, (bio) statistics, applied statistics, economics, business, or similar quantitative fields of study
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in developing analytics with machine learning, deep learning, NLP, and/or other related modeling techniques
- 3+ years of experience using advanced data science tools such as Python, R, SQL, Spark and H2O
- 2+ years of experience wrangling large datasets with big data tools such as Hadoop, Hive and Spark
- 1+ years of experience developing and deploying analytic solutions using AWS/Azure/GCP
- Must be willing/able to travel 5% (approximately once or twice a year for onsite meetings) when business requires
- Master's or Ph.D. degree in computer science, applied mathematics, (bio) statistics, applied statistics, economics, business, or similar quantitative fields of study
- Experience with health care data
- Experience with Databricks and/or Snowflake
- UI design experience for automated and-or end-user-interactive visualizations (for example using Tableau, Power BI, R Shiny, Python Dash)
- Experience with version control (for example Git Version Control system)
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Data Scientist, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote