Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Crude Volume Accountant based in Houston, TX.
Reporting to the Crude Volumes Supervisor, the Senior Crude Volume Accountant is responsible for actualizing and tracking crude oil volumes received from our production company and/or 3rd party customers, transported to market, placed in storage, and delivered to market.
The following are job duties expected of the Senior Crude Volume Accountant:
• Regularly work with a team of volume accountants to perform monthly volumetric allocations by analyzing lease, trucking, pipeline statements and other transporter reports.
• Reconcile transportation invoices to trading system, resolving discrepancies timely to process payment.
• Reconcile actualized volumes per our trading system with our revenue accounting group for equity and 3rd party lease purchases and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
• Accountable for contributing to monthly close
• Assist in customer disputes (pricing/volume)
• Create, enhance and maintain data for audit (Excel and Software based)
• Attend customer meetings with Originators, Operators and Management as needed
• Collaborate with project team, product control, revenue accounting and Operations to improve processes and provide reliable analysis.
• Provide support and assistance to the settlements team, lease operations, and revenue accounting to research and resolve prior period volumetric discrepancies.
• Analyze trading activity and explain variances between current month, prior month, and forecasts.
• Reconciliation of general ledger accounts for inventory and related costs
• Review and record monthly journal entries to the general ledger for commodity purchases, sales, transportation and fees for accruals and actualized activity.
• Assist in testing and analysis for new trade system enhancements (Allegro 8.0).
• Gather supporting documents and provide explanations for audit request for consolidated and stand-alone financial statements (as applicable).
• Document and update desk procedures for assigned tasks.