About our Business
CBIZ Private Equity Advisory is the dedicated private equity advisory practice of CBIZ (NYSE: CBZ). We are focused on providing private equity groups and their related portfolio companies with consulting services and solutions focused on deal advisory, business optimization, EBITDA enhancement and performance management & improvement. Our team embraces a collaborative, client-centric approach to architecting and delivering on projects driven by ongoing transactions, transitions and transformations across a broad range of industries. We believe that the diverse perspectives of all our team members help to drive innovation and transformative results for our business. We are entrepreneurially minded and operate as a meritocracy, promoting and compensating team members based upon performance and potential. We are CBIZ Private Equity Advisory – Invested in You.
Our clients are benefitted by additional scope and scale provided through CBIZ, which has over 100 offices and nearly 5,000 employees across North America, focused on providing top-level financial and employee focused professional services to organizations of all sizes.
CBIZ has been honored to be the recipient of several national recognitions:
- 2020 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services by Great Place to Work®
- 2020 Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval by the Alliance for Workplace Excellence
- Top 101 2020 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation
- 2020 Healthiest 100 Workplace in America
- 2021 Top Workplaces USA
Together, CBIZ and Mayer Hoffman McCann P.C. (MHM) are ranked as one of the top providers of accounting services in the United States. MHM is an independent CPA firm that provides audit, review and attest services, while CBIZ provides, business consulting, tax and financial services.
About the Role
The Senior Associate will be a full-time permanent role supporting the Management Consulting group and focused on Deal Delivery. The Management Consulting group helps our clients in the areas of deal delivery and performance improvement. Our Deal Delivery team members are helping our clients execute on various initiatives inclusive of preparing for an exit, integrating new businesses, and carving out existing businesses. We support our clients at both the business unit and corporate level to develop and execute sustainable changes that are focused on value creation, value capture, and value expansion to drive an increase to shareholder value.
As a Senior Associate, you would be expected to successfully lead a workstream within the analysis, planning and execution phases of a project. You may also be expected to support client and/or industry subject matter experts to help them solve complex business issues associated with specific functions, processes, technology or resources. Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interface with mid, functional, and operational level clients on a day to day basis to actively plan, manage, and execute small project or workstream activities and deliverables
- Execute on specific activities including, but not limited to, analysis & artifact development, interviews, process mapping, issue identification, gap analysis, future state model development and planning, business case development, plan execution and benefits tracking
- Manage all aspects of a specific workstream including the planning, scheduling and coordination of activities, status updating, issue identification and escalation and benefits realization
- Directly manage relationships with mid and functional level managers, as well as operational level employees
- Actively work to continuously develop your management consulting skillsets
- Master’s Degree / MBA a plus
- CPA / CFA a plus
- 3+ years of experience in either Consulting – Transaction Services or Deal Delivery, or relevant industry roles such as Corporate Development or FP&A. Experience in acquisition integrations and / or carveouts and separations is a plus
- 1+ years of supervisory experience
- Experienced working with large amounts of information to develop quantitative and qualitative analyses that will inform the client deliverables. Experience in financial and operational models and dashboards a plus
- Strong understanding of the M&A lifecycle. Understanding of the private equity investment process a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in developing workstream plans, deliverables and reports
- Experience facilitating client working sessions to gather data and understand the client’s issues and perspectives
- Strong critical, creative, strategic, and operational thinking skills to frame and solve complex issues
- Excellent time management, organizational abilities, attention to detail, and efficiency
- Highly adaptable, flexible and client service focused
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment and meet tight deadlines, including the ability to travel up to 100% of the time
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels an organization, both internally and externally
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3 years of experience in related field
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Presentation skills mandatory
- Must possess analytical skills
- Proficient use of applicable technology
- Demonstrated ability to communicate verbally and in writing within all levels of an organization, both internally and externally
- Must be able to travel based on client and business needs