The Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance reports directly to the Manager, Strategic Finance and is responsible for developing financial models, evaluating strategic transactions, assisting in strategic plans and coordinating financial projections and guidance with Business Planning and Financial Planning and Analysis. The Senior Analyst will assist the Strategic Finance group in conducting financial analyses and presentation work for the Vice President of Finance and Treasury, CFO, CEO and Board of Directors.
The Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance should possess a strong finance background with previous work and transaction experience in investment banking, corporate finance, project finance, leverage finance, capital markets and/or principal investing. The Senior Analyst should have strong financial modeling and presentation skills. An understanding of global energy market fundamentals, especially LNG markets, combined with industry knowledge of key elements of midstream and MLP businesses is ideal.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Build and maintain complex financial models (integrated financial statements, DCF, LBO, project finance) to support corporate financing strategy and investment decisions.
- Support Strategic Finance Group with executions of financings, investments and transactions utilizing corporate finance, project finance and/or partnership structures.
- Apply financial knowledge and skills to support ad-hoc technical analysis with minimal direction
- Assist in drafting executive committee and board materials that include financial forecasts and relevant analyses
- Support the maintenance of tools, models and databases useful to performing the functions of corporate development, financing, capital structure assessment, and financial reporting and forecasting.
- Work closely with Business Planning, Financial Planning and Analysis, Corporate Development & Strategy, Treasury, Tax, Accounting, Legal, Commercial, Investor Relations, Asset Groups, Gas Supply & Trading.
QUALIFICATIONS (EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS)
- Education and Certifications : Bachelor’s degree is required; degree in a technical discipline such as finance, math, statistics, economics, or a closely related field is preferred.
- Experience : Minimum of one (1) year of progressive experience in Investment Banking, M&A, Principal Investing, or a minimum of four (4) years in Corporate Development or Finance.
- Skills :
- Strong business analysis and modeling skills, especially with Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Solid understanding of energy finance markets
- Strong time management skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and projects concurrently while meeting deadlines
- Highly organized and motivated with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities. Individual shall demonstrate good judgment, high integrity and sound decision-making skills
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to effectively communicate across various levels, disciplines and technical abilities of an organization.
- Team player
- Positive attitude with the flexibility and adaptability to respond to rapidly changing work environments. Strong interpersonal skills are required.
FREEDOM TO ACT
The Senior Analyst, Strategic Finance is an expert in their field and requires minimal direct supervision to be highly effective
- Job is performed in a typical office environment, but is subject to time pressures and constraints, and is often dependent on input from others.
- Often exposed to stressful situations.
- Periodic travel as business requires.
- Occasionally, work may be performed from home, after normal work hours or on weekends.
ADA JOB REQUIREMENTS
Reasonable accommodations will be made to ensure that the essential functions of the job can be performed and not hinder the employee's performance due to physical, mental or emotional disability.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Cheniere Energy is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.