WHAT YOU'LL DO
You are essential to our office, essential to our success. We are Boston Consulting Group (BCG), a 50-years young strategy consulting firm. Over the past few years, BCG has been ranked #1 in Consulting Magazine's annual "Best Firms to Work For" survey, #12 on Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work list.
While we are proud of our heritage, we are even more excited about our future, and if you are the person we are looking for, we'd be excited to share it with you. In this role, you are the backbone of the function, ensuring that the Managing Director & Partners (MDPs) and the Partners you support have what they need to seamlessly serve the needs of our clients, and meet their internal commitments and goals. You anticipate the needs of your customers, look ahead and prevent problems from arising. This position involves scheduling (and rescheduling) meetings, booking (and unbooking) travel, managing case team logistics, keeping track of time and expenses, and keeping up with the fast pace of our Consulting Team.
We operate in a hybrid model. While in the office, you will be surrounded by a community of intelligent, highly motivated and service-minded people. Sr. AAs help shape our culture by actively participating in office life, and collaborate across functions to help fellow Business Services Team (BST) members. Our philosophy is to grow by growing others, and you will serve as role models to more junior members of the Admin team. We work hard together, and we go out of our way to support each other – we want everyone to be successful, individually and as a team.
We won't define a career path for you – but some of our Sr. AAs we've hired in this role have gone on to have long and successful careers as Executive Assistants at BCG; others have gone into work in one of our many Practice Areas; some have managed teams or rotated through a number of other functions. Your career at BCG will be at the intersection of your skills and desires and the needs of our business; it will only be limited by your investment.
YOU'RE GOOD AT
- Proactive calendar management in a fast-paced, high volume, and ever-changing client service environment:
- Organizing and scheduling client and internal meetings and events
- Coordinating end-to-end travel needs, including booking all travel and hotels, directions, commuting time and ground transportation
- Processing timesheets and expenses on a timely basis
- Supporting administrative aspects of MDP and Partners’ internal commitments: practice area activities, BCG leadership committees, recruiting, etc.
- Building effective working relationships with key stakeholders (this will be crucial to your success!):
- MDPs and Partners – understand preferences relating to travel, calendar, client work, etc.; learn business priorities and objectives
- Clients and their Assistants – facilitate the scheduling process and relevant communications with friendly professionalism and high attention to detail; build client relationships
- EA and AA peers – work together to support other Partners, Principals and BST leaders on the case team; provide back-up support to other assistant team members
- BST peers and internal resources – obtain and share information with wider team as needed; help case team navigate internal resources
- Proactively leaning in to support high leverage activities for MDPs and Partners (this will vary by need):
- Assisting with account planning and client relationship management
- Conducting research and gathering information
- Assisting with the creation and preparation of client team materials – slides, proposals, onboarding decks, including proofreading and copying/binding
- Additional items that you (or the MDPs) feel may be helpful – be creative and think outside the box
- Acting as a thought partner and trusted advisor to MDPs, Partners, their teams and others at BCG
- Keeping them informed of critical information they may not be aware of
- Guiding them toward making right decisions about use of time
- Taking initiative to bring things "from the back burner to the front burner" for your customers
- Performing other duties as assigned or required, including some personal support for any MDPs you may support; responsibilities will vary.
YOU BRING (EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS)
- Bachelor's degree, strongly preferred
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a fast-paced environment (extremely fast paced!), supporting executives, strongly preferred
- DO THESE BEHAVIORS/MINDSET EXPECTATIONS RESONATE WITH YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE?
- High customer service orientation – highly responsive, strong interpersonal and communication skills, wants to deliver great results at all times; obsessed with acts of service
- Strong intellectual curiosity – a hunger and desire to always be learning, experiencing and growing
- Insightful – drives the business forward by connecting the dots
- Organized – excellent at time and project management, has clear systems and composure to deal with multiple tasks at once and ensures everything gets done in a timely manner
- Sweats the small stuff – strong attention to detail and accuracy, particularly when under pressure
- Relationship-oriented – ability to develop effective working relationships with the Consulting Team, clients, and the wider Business Services Team (BST) to help build trust, open doors, and create opportunity
- Team player – proactively seeks opportunities to help others; will go above and beyond in order to get the job done
- Lives and breathes our values – open and inclusive to all members of the team and support them as equals
- Committed to improving the status quo – we respect and hire people who are willing to ask questions or make suggestions, even if it is turned down
- Good judgment – highly professional and diplomatic (dealing with consultants who can be very demanding at times can be a challenge, but a challenge you're up for), knows when to ask for help or advice, is perceptive and practical
- Trustworthy – a vault (you will be privy to confidential information)
- Flexibility – doesn't get frustrated by priorities changing; open to feedback, adjusts to different working styles; embraces new ways of working in a hybrid environment
- Self-motivated – a "can-do" attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to take on an increasing level of responsibilities
- Passion – hone your “superpower” and bring your true authentic self to work
YOU'LL WORK WITH
Our business management and operations team members work to ensure that BCG is running smoothly, efficiently, and productively. We are made up of executive and administrative (or case team) assistants, visual service artists, receptionists, facilities staff, and the team leaders and office coordinators who manage these operations and business management jobs.