UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Function as an accountant subject matter expert (SME) on selected UHC claim platforms
- Perform SOX controls, cash clearing account reconciliations and detailed data analysis on the claim platforms supported as a SME
- Support the interim and end of year claim audit process
- Support the implementation of new business by providing input on requirements and testing
- Reconcile, analyze and review general ledger accounts in preparation for month end close
- Develop innovative approaches for continued improvement in efficiency and effectiveness
- Produce ad hoc reports for internal customers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in Accounting/Finance or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of professional work experience
- Full COVID19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience or coursework with SAS, SQL, VBA programming languages
- Experience within a complex working environment with various hierarchical commitments
- Exposure to PeopleSoft or Essbase/Smartview
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively develops solutions to meet them
- High ethical standards
- Intermediate level experience in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical skills and demonstrated ability to enhance processeses
- Track record of delivering high quality results
- Demonstrates critical thinking and intellectual curiosity with the ability resolve issues/questions
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills with attention to detail
- Ability to internalize, interpret and document complex scenarios clearly and concisely
- Solid Time Management, prioritization and organization skills
- Energetic and forward thinking team player
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let's talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that's serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry's singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your nearobsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they're found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that's second to none. This is no small opportunity. It's where you can do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $54,400 to $97,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $60,000 to $106,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a farreaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.