We are looking for a Sr. Accountant to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. Accountant responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements and calculating tax payments and returns. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and a flair for spotting numerical mistakes.
- Understand and manage and maintaining all accounting transactions include indirect cost allocation.
- Prepare Financial statement.
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings, 1099's and W2s.
- AR/AP processing include credit card processing.
- Reconcile banking account, accounts payable and account receivable.
- Investigate and resolving audit findings, account discrepancies.
- Compute Sales taxes and pay 940, 941 filings.
- Audit financial transactions and documents.
- Reinforce financial data confidentiality and conduct database backups when necessary.
- Assist Controller with yearend close out.
- Comply with financial policies and regulations.
- Assisting with preparing financial analysis and management reports.
- Perform other accounting duties and supporting as required or assigned
- Work experience as an Accountant, construction accountant, management accountant.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- BSc in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree
- Experience in Oracle NetSuite is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Located in Houston, Texas