Applications accepted from: All Persons Interested
Job Classification: Senior Accountant
Division: Financial Reporting & Operations
Section: Accounting and Financial Reporting
Reporting Location: 611 Walker, 10th Floor
Workdays & Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM* *Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
**Primary function of this position is Accounts Payable. ** Report to Division Manager and
serve as lead to accounts payable staff activities in the absence of the Financial Analyst IV and/or Accountant Supervisor are not present. Prepares financial statements, schedules, and other documents necessary to communicate accounting information to management. Reviews daily, weekly, monthly and annual financial reports and invoices for accuracy and completeness; reconciles reports against City financial records; makes changes and/or adjustments to reports if necessary; notifies supervisor of changes as required. May lead or provide guidance to accountants and/or senior account clerks within the Accounts Payable group. Assists supervisor and management in developing/updating policies and procedures; assists management in decision-making practices.
- Assists with special accounting projects as required.
- Reviews and processes vouchers, department bills, journal vouchers, purchase orders, etc., for submission to the Controller's office. Researches problems on invoices to expedite payment of bills.
- Measures, compiles, and analyzes metrics to assist in citywide central services accounts payable activities.
- Analyzes and reconciles daily and monthly expenditures reports.
- Maintains proper control and procedures in processing accounting transactions.
- Researches problems and/or management inquiries associated with posting transactions to the City's automated financial accounting system.
- Researches and responds to internal and external customer inquiries regarding the payment of invoices, payment of employee reimbursements or status of vendor setup requests.
- Provides support to departments and divisions on issues related to processing payments and chargebacks.
- Performs Journal Corrections.
- Reviews and ensures appropriate signature approvals on document.
- Assists with or special accounting projects or other duties as assigned.
This position is physically comfortable with discretion of walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.