APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FROM: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
DIVISION/ SECTION: MANAGEMENT & FINANCE DIVISION
REPORTING LOCATION: 2999 SOUTH WAYSIDE DRIVE
WORKDAYS & HOURS: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM*
*Subject to Change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES / ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The mission of the Houston Parks and Recreation Department is to build a sustainable community and enhance the quality of urban life by providing safe well-maintained parks and offering affordable programming for our community. To achieve this mission, HPARD is seeking a Senior Account Clerk to join the Management & Finance Division.
The successful applicant will undertake assignments such as processing various payments for Vendor and Contractor invoices, maintaining an Outstanding Invoice, Purchase Order, and Year-End Accrual reports for Accounts Payable. Collects and distributes departmental mail such as checks and money orders, supplies and packages from City locations and external vendors.
The work entails frequent interactions with City personnel, and external vendors via emails, telephone and letters, as well as at meetings. From time to time, the applicant may be required to work overtime and during weekends. Additional core duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, processing and compiling various accounting transactions, i.e., payment vouchers, journal entries, chargebacks, etc.
- Assists with general accounting or other clerical responsibilities as assigned.
- Verifies information and the matching of payments to purchase order items.
- Summarizes and prepares internal financial reports.
- Assists the Division Manager and other employees with accounts payable functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort in a normal office environment.