Baylor St. Luke's Medical CenterHouston, Texas
**Requisition ID** 2021-210369 **Employment Type** Full Time **Department** Security **Hours/Pay Period** 80 **Shift** Day **Weekly Schedule** rotating weekends **Remote** No **Category** Safety and Security
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
Provides the highest level of safety and security by patrolling assigned areas to deter, detect and investigate crime and/or any suspicious activity which could cause harm to individuals or property; effective monitoring of electronic surveillance equipment; effective monitoring of hospital emergency systems and ability to dispatch appropriate personnel via radio.
1. Responsible for patrolling assigned areas, on foot or by vehicle, Provides service and protection
2. Investigates suspicious person(s) or activity, responds to crimes in progress, crimes that have occurred, disturbances, accidents, various public service calls, and other miscellaneous incidents.
3. Investigates complaints, criminal incidents, suspicious activity and accidents. Prepares detailed written incident reports.
4. When assigned to dispatch, effectively monitors electronic surveillance equipment to identify any suspicious person(s) or activity and dispatches appropriate personnel to investigate; Operates base radio station by dispatching appropriate personnel to emergency situations and/or requests for assistance by monitoring all radio traffic, Responsible for answering multiple telephone lines in response to routine and emergency inquires and dispatches appropriate personnel in regards to those inquires; Maintains appropriate logs of daily radio communications received from shift personnel and requests received via telephone; tabulates data from logs to produce required activity reports.
5. Provides general information and assistance to patients, visitors and employees, including safety related escorts as requested, to various campus locations.
6. Collaborates with various department personnel and external agencies to gather and exchange information; promote departmental services provided to the campus.
7. Assure proper working order of equipment; notify appropriate personnel when Repairs and/or maintenance is necessary.
8. Intervene as necessary to confront and restrain hostile and abusive persons in a manner necessary to reduce risk of personal injury to patients, visitors or employees, and to minimize the disruption of operations.
9. Aids the Security Coordinator in reviewing security documents and related reports.
10. Assumes shift lead role in the absence of a Security Coordinator.
**Education and Licensure**
+ High School Diploma/GED
+ Non-commissioned Security Officer (TCPS) required within 180 days of assignment.
+ One (1) Year of experience
**Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:**
+ Work Requires a high standard of personal appearance and grooming which conveys a professional image.
+ Work Requires self-initiative and motivation to enable the completion of tasks or projects with minimal supervision.
+ Work Requires analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret basic data, prepare routine reports and maintain accurate records.
+ Must be able to pass a Department of Motor Vehicle check.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
CommonSpirit Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will be considered for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, parental status,
ancestry, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by law. For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant,
pleaseclick here. (https://tbcdn.talentbrew.com/company/35300/img/v1_0/EEOLawPoster.pdf)
CommonSpirit Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).
External hires must pass a post-offer, pre-employment background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with an arrest and/or conviction will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, ban the box laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (415) 438-5575 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-Verify.