The Clerical position provides data entry and administrative support to a department.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
products to generate spreadsheet and reports that will assist in the recapping
of overall business.
• Full ownership of all data entry
responsiblities as they pertain to specific department needs.
• Take ownership of maintaining department
records. Develop a user-friendly filing system for all paper and electronic
• Manage incoming and outgoing
communications- mail and email.
• Provide clerical support to specific
• Professionally answer telephone; screen and
direct phone calls.
• Regular, dependable attendance and
• High School
Diploma or equivalent.
• PC knowledge, specifically Microsoft Windows - Word and Excel.
• Prior distribution center experience preferred.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills to
interface with colleagues and people leaders.
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction,
multiplication, and division.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal
• This position involves regular walking,
standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
• May occasionally involve stooping,
kneeling, or crouching.
• May involve close vision, color vision,
depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended
periods of time.
• Involves manual dexterity for using
keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
• May involve moving or lifting items under
• Sense of Urgency
• Ability to work independently
• Organization skills
• Detail oriented
• Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part
of a team.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule based on
department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive.
Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time.
Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and
inclusive work environment.