Equal Opportunity Employer : Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
To enable our business to expand our lead in a market increasingly enhanced by technology, Waste Management is undertaking a substantial technology transformation. We are seeking talented Information Technology professionals to join the Waste Management team who are motivated to help us transform the way we design, build and use technology. With your skills and experience, we look for you to combine your technical expertise with industry best practices in an effort to align information technology solutions with Waste Management business strategy.
I. Job Summary
Recognized across the organization for functional expertise. Delivers technical expertise in design, development, coding, testing, and debugging new software or significant enhancements to existing software. Demonstrates broad knowledge of highly complex business processes and capabilities. Conducts highly complex business process analysis, needs assessments, and leads/participates in design sessions with Architects in order to align information technology solutions with business initiatives. Undertakes highly complex projects requiring additional specialized technical expertise in software design and testing.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Contributes strategic vision and integrates a broad range of ideas regarding applications and software development. Presents, and communicates, and articulates technical processes effectively to all levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical audiences, Senior Leadership, VPs and the C-level executives).
- Undertakes the highly complex applications development projects involving multiple disciplines and may impact multiple facets of the business.
- Develops enterprise-level information technology solutions by analyzing, coding, testing, and implementing new and by modifying existing software applications with full competency.
- Leads design/coding sessions, develops solutions, and implements solutions.
- Articulates design and resolves technical/design conflicts as they occur.
- Coordinates with business analysts and users to determine requirements. Performs highly complex analyses of system requirements and of existing business processes and information systems.
- Works with customers and technical staff to resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Reviews systems under development and related documentation. Participates in the development of software.
- Mentors and fosters growth of peers and team members.
- Leads advanced systems planning, scheduling and implementation.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Will coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on highly complicated systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Minimum of 8 years of knowledge and experience working on enterprise applications and web development
- Required : Minimum Platform Developer I Certification
- Preferred : Platform Developer I & 2 Certification. Commerce Cloud Certification, or willing to take Commerce Cloud Certification. Handlebars JS Experience
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Technically advanced knowledge or in-depth skills in one or more of the following is required :
- At least eight years of proven experience developing Salesforce applications using the latest front-end technologies including jQuery, Bootstrap, Aura Components,CSS3, HTML5, Lightning Web Components
- At least three years of proven experience developing on Salesforce CloudCraze (B2B)
- Solid understanding of Salesforce object architecture and comfortable creating new objects and solutions that are elegant, scalable, and visually appealing
- Experience in utilizing REST, SOAP API calls, building and consuming custom web services on the Salesforce Platform
- Ability to articulate to stakeholders the value of recommended approaches and solutions
- Ability to translate between technical and business language and to explain concepts and complex topics in relatively simple terms
- Experience in applications integration to other third party applications
- Outstanding analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
May require technically advanced or in-depth skills in one or more of the following :
- Web application development, imaging technology.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.”