If you are a Sales Manager with experience in Terminal Software Solutions who is looking for an opportunity to grow, Emerson has an exciting opportunity for you! Based in our Houston, TX location, you will be responsible for generating sales opportunities and closing them to support the Energy Solutions Operational and Commercial product lines. You will call on headquarters, and independent terminals of prospective customers. The territory is US based companies and travel is within the area.
AS A SALES MANAGER, TERMINAL SOFTWARE SOLUTIONS YOU WILL:
- Identify customer needs and opportunities, through consultative solution selling
- Communicate and build relationships with C-level and VP-level executives
- Listen to customers and define solutions in a consultative manner while selling the software and implementation services
- Work multiple threads at the same time
- Drive results by reaching out to prospects (sometimes through cold calls), and build strong customer relationships
WHO YOU ARE:
You show a tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations and are exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities. You serve as a strategic partner to build, grow, and maintain profitable and long-lasting relationships with key accounts. You promote a sense of urgency and establish and enforce individual accountability in the team.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPEREINCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree, will consider relevant Oil and Gas experience in lieu of degree
- A minimum of 5 years sales experience within the Oil and Gas market, preferably terminal experience
- Proficient in selling software licenses and implementation services
- Proven ability to sell at ‘C’ Level and Senior Management Levels
- Proven ability to work with technical resources and sales management
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%, to include some overnight stay
- Legal authorization to work in the United States
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPEREINCE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Technical discipline, or MBA
- Excellent communications skills, ability to communicate at all levels within our client's organization
- Experience in the petroleum industry, preferably in the transportation (pipelines and terminals) space
- Familiarity with enterprise software implementations involving multiple departments
- Problem solver - In some cases, the applications address process inefficiencies which requires good problem identification (find the inefficiencies) and good problem solving
- Strategic Thinker - Organized and driven
- Ability to identity and develop new opportunities and manage the sale to successful close
- Confident in operating independently when necessary
Our Commitment to Our People
Across the globe, we are united by a singular Purpose: We drive innovation that makes the world healthier, safer, smarter, and more sustainable.
We invest in our employees to ensure they have the marketplace knowledge, skills, and competencies to bring this Purpose to life while competing and leading in a global economy.
Our training programs focus on end-to-end development, from onboarding through senior leadership.
Our success is measured by the positive impact we make on people, our communities, and the world through our unwavering focus on environmental, social, and regulatory progress. Learn more about us!
Flexible and competitive benefits plans offer you the right options to meet your individual/family needs: medical insurance plans, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and more. We also provide you flexible time-off plans, including paid parental leave, vacation, and holiday leave.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Emerson, we are committed to fostering a culture where every employee is valued and respected for their experiences and perspectives – and that reflects the world around us. We believe a diverse, equitable and inclusive work environment contributes to the rich exchange of ideas that inspires innovation and brings the best solutions to our customers.
This philosophy is fundamental to living our company’s values and our responsibility to leave the world in a better place. Learn more about our Culture & Values and Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Emerson .
Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J or TN, or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, please contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] .
Emerson is a leading global technology, software and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs.
Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
We help customers in the world’s most essential industries solve the biggest challenges of modern life.
Every day, our global workforce fulfills our unified Purpose and lives out the Values we hold close as an organization: Integrity, Safety & Quality, Support Our People, Customer Focus, Continuous Improvement, Collaboration, and Innovation.
Our Causes – Planet, Humanity, Champion, Inclusion and Future – shape, define and fuel Emerson’s culture while inspiring our innovative spirit and driving our focus.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring possibilities, or recently received your master’s degree, you’ll find opportunities with us. Join our team and start your journey today!
No calls or agencies please.