For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Thisposition will allow you to telecommute/work from home and it will includeonsite representation and marketing to skilled nursing facilities as business needs.Up to 25% Travel.
The office address is located at 4700 West Sam Houston Parkway Houston, Texas 77041.
- Supports case management operations across the continuum of care (assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, monitoring, and evaluating)
- Oversees care management functions and ensure compliance with application of criteria from approved standardized guidelines, government mandated regulations and contractual agreements, to include NCAQ, URAC, and CMS
- Engages in Care Team forums / meetings to support care coordination activities between the market providers and the case management team
- Plans, organizes and oversees staff to ensure timely completion of um determinations, discharge planning and case management assessments
- Ensures team meets established performance metrics and medical cost reduction goals. Includes timely reporting of monthly KPIs
- Adapts departmental plans and priorities to address business and operational challenges
- Oversees the team's daily staffing requirements to meet program standards
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures, reviews work of staff to ensure that policies and guidelines are appropriately applied
- Tracks and trends outcomes for potential improvements in the care management process. Creates monitors, evaluates and disseminates program and productivity reports weekly, monthly, and as needed
- Interviews, hires, and retains staff to meet the needs of the department
- Evaluates staff performance and recommend merit increases, promotions, and disciplinary actions
- Attends, and assists with the facilitation of local market intra-disciplinary care team meetings
- Monitors and oversees the reporting of all quality issues to medical management leadership for referral and reporting to health plans as appropriate
- Monitors appropriate utilization of resources, overtime, supplies and mileage. The information listed above is not comprehensive of all duties / responsibilities performed
- Perform comprehensive assessments and document findings in a concise / comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation requirements and Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) regulations
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required or ADN
- Current unrestricted RN license in the applicable state
- CCM certification or proof that certification has been obtained within one year of hire date
- Five or more years of healthcare experience to include experience in a managed care setting, hospital setting and / or physician practice setting
- Three or more years of demonstrated supervisory or management experience with responsibility for team performance management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, healthcare professionals, physicians and other members of senior administration and the general public
- Data mining, analytical and reporting skills required. Must be able to review and interpret data to make recommendations to senior-management
- In and /or out-of-town travel required as deemed necessary by business need
- Solid experience with MS office including Word, Excel and Outlook with proficient ability to navigate in a Windows environment
- Strong organizational skills and multitasking abilities
- Master's Science in Nursing
- Prior multi-site regional operations management responsibility
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 90,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Manager, Case Management, Houston, TX, Texas