Unanticipated risks have great consequences for clients. That's especially true today as new risks and complexities brought on by regulatory mandates, rapidly evolving technologies, and the digitalization of business operations are disrupting traditional business models. Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Hybrid-Operate teams deliver next-generation managed services and advanced technology products to help organizations solve complex problems on a long-term basis. Teams do this by bringing together advanced analytics, robust domain knowledge and experience, and strong technology products to help clients monitor, manage, and measure their operational environment for risk.
Given the ever-increasing size and complexity of third party ecosystems, our clients are increasing leveraging our firm's expertise to implement and operate a wide variety of Third Party Risk Management (TPRM) solutions designed to mitigate risks and drive more value in third party relationships. If you are seeking a role that offers exposure to these clients, Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Cyber practice may be the place for you.
The work you perform will help you develop an understanding of:
- the different third-party relationships an organization may have across different industries
- the drivers which affect behaviors of business partners, suppliers and customers; and
- the operational processes and controls required by an organization to effectively manage and monitor its third-party relationships.
Work you will do:
- Assist in the selection and tailoring of third party cyber risk management approaches, methods and tools to support delivery of third party cyber risk assessment services
- Assist clients in developing their third party risk management programs, such as risk tiering methodology, risk assessment process flows, risk assessment questionnaires, and reports
- Perform ongoing third-party cyber risk assessments to help clients identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks related to their third parties.
- Comply with delivery SLA's and provide periodic status updates including potential risks and delays to the project delivery to project manager.
- Perform validation of sub-controls with third parties as per the validation process set by Deloitte and generate the final report in English language.
- Provide periodic updates about status of work assigned to the project manager
- Mentor new assessors on tools and methodology to conduct cyber risk reviews and demonstrate good understanding of client specific cyber security policy and procedures
- Update project manager on potential risks and delays to the project delivery
- Facilitate use of Deloitte tools and methodologies to review, design and/or implement third party cyber risk services
- Identify opportunities to improve operational excellence
The successful Senior Consultant will demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Independent thinker and resourceful problem solver with an ability to exercise mature judgment
- Takes ownership and drives toward a successful outcome
- Can see the big picture and naturally looks for what other client problems the team can solve
- Ability to work independently and in teams to manage multiple task assignments
- Brings a genuine approach to day-to-day dealings that includes the highest ethical standard
- Acting as a leader in a team environment
- Degree in information security, math, business, cyber security, computer science, data analytics or related field
- 3+ yrs of relevant experience in information security
- Working knowledge and understanding of information security and risk frameworks/standards (ISO 27001/2, NIST 800 series, PCI-DSS, etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of key risk areas such as cyber risk, compliance risk and regulatory risk
- Demonstrate knowledge in one or more of the following cyber risk domains, including:
- Security Governance and Management
- Security Policies and Procedures
- Application Security Controls
- Access Controls
- Network Security Operations
- Security Architectures
- Identity Management
- Disaster Recovery & Business Continuity
- Incident Response
- Risk Management
- Privacy and Data Protection
- Experience with internal controls, risk assessments, business process and internal IT control testing or operational auditing
- Ability to travel 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- CISSP/CISA (or equivalent)
- Experience with information security audit or assessments
- Good understanding of legal and regulatory requirements around information security and data privacy, such as OCC Bulletin 29, FFIEC, HIPAA Security/Privacy, etc.
- Prior consulting experience
- Experience with internal controls, risk assessments, business process, and internal IT control testing or operational auditing
The Deloitte Advisory Third-Party Risk Management (TPRM) team, part of our Cyber Risk Services, works with some of the largest organizations in the world, across a variety of industries, to assist organizations in the development and operation of TPRM programs. Our client list includes eminent organizations across industries, e.g. technology, mining, media, pharmaceuticals, oil and gas, public sector and charities.
Our TPRM portfolios of services includes a broad variety of solutions for our clients, including designing and implementing broad third-party governance and risk management frameworks/processes, developing third-party risk and control assessments, and implementing managed services to improve/enhance an organization's TPRM program.
Anywhere in the US