The Weaver Experience
Weaver is a full-service national accounting, advisory and consulting firm with opportunities for professionals in many different fields. We seek to bring a human element to the world of accounting, which includes creating a diverse, collaborative and entrepreneurial workplace culture. Our leaders truly care about the well-being of all our employees and encourage them to pursue their ambitions.
While our business is based in numbers, our success is truly based on people. It's why we commit to supporting our people not just in their professional growth, but also in their ability to lead balanced, integrated lives. At the foundation of that commitment are our core values. Weaver's core values were created specifically to empower our people to deliver extraordinary service and be their best selves. Our goal is to balance high development with high performance in order to meet the long-term goals of each individual, team and our firm.
Learn more about our services, industry experience and culture at weaver.com.
Have an accounting degree, but want to do something a little different? Learn more about working in Weaver's Risk Advisory Services group - https://weaver.com/video/working-risk-advisory-services
Weaver's Risk Advisory Services practice is looking for a Government Focused Senior Associate to join their team. This individual is responsible for execution of audit procedures and completion of various engagement objectives within the overall engagement (some duties vary by level). This individual is expected to take ownership of projects and engagements, while documenting work performed and issuing reports. The RAS Senior Associate has a leadership mentality and the ideal candidate will be able to establish trust with the client, maintain good working relationships and communicate effectively with client personnel and teammates.
The RAS Senior Associate will have an understanding of business processes and internal controls within an entity's operations, including but not limited to compliance management systems, critical financial and/or operational internal audit areas. They will begin to perform engagement planning in more complex internal audit financial or operational areas. This team member will also begin to demonstrate the ability to assume project management responsibilities that may include the supervision of junior staff on various projects and ensuring the engagement tasks and objectives are completed accurately. The ideal candidate is very analytical, has strong problem solving and communication skills, and maintains professionalism.
Education and Skills
* Bachelor's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field
* Master's degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred
* CPA or CPA candidate, CIA or CIA candidate
* 2 - 4 + years or more of public accounting experience, industry or a combination of public accounting and industry experience (internal audit, compliance, and/or accounting manager/controller responsibilities)
* Government experience preferred
* Thorough understanding of GAGAS, IIA Standards, GAAP, GAAS, and COSO internal control framework
* Advanced understanding of government accounting, government business processes, and transaction cycles
* Advanced ability to perform government related research and interpret statutes and regulations for federal, state, and local entities
* Project management experience, team orientation and strong interpersonal and communication skills, and relationship building skills desired
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Referral Program Eligible