Vaco is actively looking for a subject matter expert in Geospatial Analytics for a client to work remotely. Please see below and apply if you are qualified and interested.
This consultant will develop and lead the analytical learning agenda, processes, reporting and insights for understanding the drivers of hotel revenue performance and enhancing strategic unit growth, with particular focus on forecasting future performance and evaluating impact of prospective hotel properties in the client's portfolio.
SKILLS, EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE
- Undergraduate Degree in a quantitative discipline (Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Statistics, among others). MBA or advanced quantitative MS preferred.
- 10+ years of analytical experience is required; strong background in the interpretation of hotel performance and economic indicators (demographics, socioeconomics, real estate data, etc.).
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Tableau, and SQL. Familiarity and strong experience with ArcGIS and SAS or other statistical packages is required
- Experience using the ESRI software suite (ArcMap, ArcGIS Pro) as a visualization platform for advanced statistical & predictive models is required
- Proficiency with ESRI spatial statistics toolbox or associated modeling techniques, such as geographically weighted regression (GWR) & exploratory regression, OLS, clustering and visualizing outputs of these techniques
- Predictive modeling and analytics experience in a real estate, site selection, site suitability, or hospitality environment preferred
- Ability to see enterprise-wide "big picture" across multiple business functions, solving business problems with enterprise-wide solutions
- Good communication skills - includes oral (one on one and presentations to large audiences) and written.
- Ability to effectively coach & mentor more junior team members.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management
- Must be an energized self-starter who can work independently; comfortable challenging organizational norms and accepted thinking to improve effectiveness.
- Ability to quickly evaluate business trends and develop successful solutions that enhance business performance
- Active learner - able to enhance personal, professional, and business growth through new knowledge and experiences; pushes the organization to learn from other industries' standards and practices
- Managerial experience required, preferably from prior work leading analytical roles
- Knowledgeable of analytical techniques appropriate for "big data"
- Knowledge of the hospitality/travel industry performance analyses and forecasting required
- Expertise working with Smith Travel Research data strongly preferred
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and business collaboration skills