Remote Senior Accountant
We are looking for an experienced Senior Accountant to join this rapidly growing company! This position will be reporting to the Controller and will be responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of financial accounting data in a variety of areas. This includes applying knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) practices and procedures to activities associated with maintaining ledger accounts, ensuring proper controls and developing financial statements and reports. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner, with a strong attention to detail and organizational skills in order to best support the accounting team.
Why work for the company:
My client is on a mission is to change the way people live in their homes by making home services more accessible. As the leading provider of lifestyle services to the multifamily industry, they offer services to more than 2,000 communities across the US. Through their app, apartment residents can easily have their clothes folded, dishes washed, bed sheets changed, or bathroom cleaned.
Venture-backed and headquartered in Austin, our client has more than 80 employees and is growing rapidly. They promote a people-first culture where curiosity, ownership, hustle, and boldness are valued and encouraged. Each employee has a personal, measurable impact on the success of the company, and ideas are welcomed from everyone.
- Competitive salary with Stock options
- 401K plan
- Medical, vision, dental insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% remote work
- Discounted housekeeping services
- WFH setup (laptop, keyboard, monitor(s), mouse)
- A huge role in the growth of a company with a meaningful mission
What will the Remote Senior Accountant do?
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations and schedules on a monthly basis.
- Perform month-end closing activities, including preparation of various journal entries, monthly allocations and variance ⎼
- Prepare bank reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Assist with monthly payroll uploads and reconciliation to payroll registers.
- Assist with revenue recognition, reconciliations and reporting.
- Review and ensure accurate coding of revenue and expenses.
- Analyze financial statements for discrepancies and provide recommendations.
- Prepare documentation for external auditors.
- Train new accounting staff and provide accounting knowledge to assist and guide staff accountants.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Compliance with GAAP principles.
What we are looking for in a Remote Senior Accountant:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 4+ years of experience in an accounting function
- Thorough understanding of accounting and corporate finance principles and procedures
- Mathematical and analytical skills
- Detail oriented and has strong organizational skills
- Proven ability to multitask and prioritize
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft suite
- Hands-on experience with accounting and software packages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
IDEAL Experience for the Remote Senior Accountant:
- Master's degree in Accounting
- Relevant certification (CMA or CPA)
- Experience with NetSuite
- eCommerce experience
- Multi-currency experience