Job Requirements: This is a high-level position for the network core administrator. Required to have comprehensive understanding of telecommunications technologies. Provide operational support for the company's core IP, MPLS, carrier Ethernet, Wireless Data/IP network systems in accordance with design criteria and quality goals. At an advanced level in the discipline. Provide operations support, management, deployment and reporting. Performs more complex assignments, works with latitude for independent judgment. Performs the most complex assignments with latitude for independent judgment and is proficient and subject matter expert. This position supports team management through root cause analysis of outages, ensures documentation is accurate and or update existing drawings.
- Status reports forecasting capacity and performance analyses. Ensuring that all network assets and facilities
- Works with management in developing improvement strategies.
- Acts as a subject matter expert.
- Ability to work within time-constrained periods.
- Duty to evaluate the network and propose updates and modifications to software, deployments, settings, and implementations to maintain accepted standards.
- The ability to simplify and explain technical information to others.
- Review planned maintenance activities execute mops plans and projects.
- May monitor and test site performance to ensure sites operate correctly and without interruption.
- Supports in-network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Administer / perform network security measures.
Years of Experience required to meet minimum qualifications: A minimum of 4 to 5 years specific experience in areas above are required, , along with demonstrated knowledge in LAN/WAN Networking, wireless telecommunications, Wireless Data/IP network, data communications or telephony topology systems is required.
Level of Education required to meet minimum qualifications: High School diploma or equivalent is required. Associates degree in networking or related field. Or, a combination of relevant work experience and/or education sufficient to perform the duties of the job may substitute to meet the total years required on a year-for-year basis.
Certification: Industry specific certification are highly valued and contributes toward education.
Must have and maintain a current Cisco CCNP, Nokia NRS II, Juniper JNCIP, or equivalent level certification, or higher.
Ongoing skill development is required to help achieve best MTTR (Mean time to repair) and assist in network optimization.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.