Critical Care Nurse Internship Program (CCNIP) – Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
AdventHealth’s Critical Care Nurse Internship Program (CCNIP) – Intensive Care Unit (ICU) is for the Experienced RN who is interested in transitioning into an Intensive Care Unit from another specialty. This 6-8 week program incorporates comprehensive body systems modules including anatomy and physiology, various body systems conditions, diagnostics, nursing care and treatment. This online approach provides the basic didactic critical care content with educational activities that is reinforced in clinical experience with a preceptor.
- Full-time paid internship and nursing position
- Blended didactic and precepted clinicals
- Shift flexibility desired as shifts are not guaranteed
- Two year contract required
Candidates that receive job offers by the acceptance deadline (below) are able to start in any of the program dates that follow. Below shows our next available program dates for 2021.
Acceptance Deadlines and Start Dates
February 17, 2021
March 17, 2021
April 14, 2021
March 8, 2021
April 5, 2021
May 3, 2021
AdventHealth Central Florida Highlights
- AdventHealth’s Central Florida Division encompasses more than 20 hospitals and ERs in the seven counties in and surrounding metro Orlando. The world-class hospitals, combined with a comprehensive outpatient care network, sees more than 3.4 million patient visits annually.
- AdventHealth Orlando — the division’s flagship campus — boasts nationally and internally recognized programs, and serves as a major tertiary referral hospital for much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America. The organization has an expansive research portfolio with more than 500 clinical trials in progress.
- AdventHealth has a deep commitment to serving the community and has a local financial impact of more than $1 billion annually. The organization and its employees are responsible for nearly 20 percent of Central Florida’s economy.
Want to see what it’s like to work with us? Click the campus name for a virtual tour of the campus!
- AdventHealth Orlando: 601 E Rollins St, Orlando, FL 32803
- AdventHealth East Orlando: 7727 Lake Underhill Rd, Orlando, FL 32822
- AdventHealth Altamonte Springs: 601 E Altamonte Dr, Altamonte Springs, FL 32701
- AdventHealth Apopka: 2100 Ocoee Apopka Rd, Apopka, FL 32703
- AdventHealth Winter Park: 200 N Lakemont Ave, Winter Park, FL 32792
- AdventHealth Kissimmee: 2450 N Orange Blossom Trl, Kissimmee, FL 34744
- AdventHealth Celebration: 400 Celebration Pl, Celebration, FL 34747
- AdventHealth Heart of Florida: 40100 US Hwy 27, Davenport, FL 33837
- AdventHealth Lake Wales: 410 S 11th St, Lake Wales, FL 33853
Work Hours/Shift: Days (7 am – 7 pm) or Nights (7pm – 7am) available
Up to $3,000 Relocation available for eligible candidates (see terms below)
- Applicable experience required.
- Full Time employment contract required.
- Must live 50 miles outside of campus address.
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s Core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- Nursing Process: Completes timely assessments per Practice Guidelines including physiological, psychological, developmental, sociocultural, spiritual, and life-style factors, including signs of abuse or neglect.
- Nursing Process: Based on the assessment and diagnosis, sets measurable and achievable short and long-range goals for the patient (ANA, 2012), assisting in the development and implementation of an individualized plan of care.
- Nursing Knowledge: Demonstrates the ability to assess and interpret diagnostic data relative to patient age and condition, including, but not limited to, lab results, non-invasive monitoring data and interdisciplinary team notes.
- Patient Safety: Nursing practice reflects the application of knowledge, skill and adherence to all pertinent regulatory standards.
- Communication: Promotes an exceptional patient experience by abiding to compassion and image standards and fostering excellent nurse-patient relationships through effective/therapeutic communication with the patient, family, and visitors, including but not limited to and as applicable, hourly rounding.
- Documentation: Demonstrates knowledge and skill in the recording and accessing of all patient information in electronic medical record according to policy and in real time.
- Professional Development: Abides by American Nurses Association Scope, Standards and Code of Ethics.
- May perform waived and/or non-waived Point of Care Testing.
What Will You Need:
Education and Experience Required
- Graduate of a school of nursing
- Organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Knowledge of nursing care methods and procedures
- Ability to work as a team player within a unit
- Effective verbal and oral communication and problem-solving skills
- EKG competency testing
- Minimum of six (6) months of experience
Education and Experience Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Minimum of 1 year of nursing experience
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required
- Current valid State of Florida or multi-state license as a Registered Nurse
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Preferred
- Professional certification
- ACLS, PALS, NRP (based on patient population; See document EKG and Advanced Life Support Requirements)
The Registered Nurse entering a training program is responsible for providing and supervising direct and indirect total nursing care responsibilities to identified age-specific groups. Utilizes the nursing process (assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating) in achieving the goals of the nursing department. Graduate nurses and experienced nurses during the training program will be under the direct supervision of a preceptor for all principal duties and responsibilities during the training program with eventual transition to independent practice after successful training program completion. Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.